Ideal software for a TA beginner

i understand to trade in stock market, one has to route through a share brokers.
now a days all brokers have installed trading terminals at their offices. they offer
screen trading software free to use. these softwares come with so many features,
a new trader will take lots of time to understand and try them out. one advantage is they come readily configured to get connected to nifty or bse. all other softwares are
luxury till you get mastry over the features in the screen based software provided by your broker.

my suggestion is that as a beginner, avoid the temptation is to acquire all add ons and make the cost of trading very costly. these extra's are meant for seniors, full time pro's.

some senior has (in traderji) written beautifully the different stages a seasoned trader passes through. pl.read that before venturing into anything else. i have great respect for all the seniors of this forum.

sh50

How i wish credit and joy were around when I was a beginner. There does not seem to be much point in buying original software. Whichever software is bought, the local support must be good . A technical product is an industrial product and that has to be sold like an industrial product. Metastock maybe a good product but what is a good product without adequate local service? They have said in the manual that "Using Metastock, just to chart your prices and draw a trendline is like buying a luxury car while sitting in the driveway." Very true but that is possible only with good local support and I am talking from my marketing experience.

hello friends,
Today only i have joind this firm and find it to be very helpfull, since i am a novice in share market . i read some message and tries to get the historical data for BSE and NSE companies. I have downloaded both the software from

1. amibroker software
2. databull software

So, plz help me out in using these software.

hello everyone i m very new member to this ultimate forum & wanna learn TA so i hav downloaded amibroker and databull & quottraker.
can anyone tell m how 2 proceed furthur with step by step as i m very much confused with these soft n can not setup them for nse & bse scripts so pls help me:confused:

beginner_av

Dear bamit, ur effort is futile as you cannot save the database in amibroker trial version. so please go to moneycontrol etc if you want even NSEindia will do and look at the historical charts to learn TA. Then use FCCharts that will let you save data but have a limited no of features. Otherwise buy Amibroker...costs only about 6000 unlike Metastock for 27000.

Dear Investock
Hi

investock said:
HI,
Amiquote will possibly be the best to download data automatically in to Amibroker.
I tried to download data by Amiquote but it is 2 days old eod data.
please tell me how to configure Amiquote / Amibroker to get latest data everday evening.

Thanks.........

ger.