ICICIDIRECT Intraday / Margin issues

Hello,

I am using Icicidirect to buy/sell the stocks. I am new to Intraday and i need help with SLTP order placement. When i enter the value in SLTP column, i am getting error " Stop loss trigger price cannot be greater than Limit price".

if anyone using icicidirect to trade and what value do you input in SLTP field?? please help me.

Ex:
using Margin buy, i bought 5000 stock of "jaiprakash associates" at 63

I will following info to sell the stock in Margin Sell:

Last trade price:58
Limit Price:63
SLTP:57

my idea is, if the stock falls to 57, sell the JP stock at the limit price of 63.

baludalal

i think it won't work this way. Because, stop loss trigger value should precede actual sell value in a downtrend. So in order to sell at 63. trigger should be 64. But then CMP should be above this even logically
pl try this way. i was also confused the way you are .

Hello,

I am using Icicidirect to buy/sell the stocks. I am new to Intraday and i need help with SLTP order placement. When i enter the value in SLTP column, i am getting error " Stop loss trigger price cannot be greater than Limit price".

if anyone using icicidirect to trade and what value do you input in SLTP field?? please help me.

Ex:
using Margin buy, i bought 5000 stock of "jaiprakash associates" at 63

I will following info to sell the stock in Margin Sell:

Last trade price:58
Limit Price:63
SLTP:57

my idea is, if the stock falls to 57, sell the JP stock at the limit price of 63.
You should be squaring off rather than using Margin Sell again. A margin sell will initiate a fresh short position. When a short position is initiated, it mean stop loss should be at a higher price than limit price.

Similarly when margin buy position is open and you need to square off, the stop loss price will be lower than the limit price.

Shepherd

praveen98

HI VIJAY,
FOR SELL SL ORDER LIMIT PRICE SHOULD ALWAYS BE LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO SLTP, AND FOR A BUY ORDER LIMIT PRICE SHOULD ALWAYS BE GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO SLTP. IF YOU WANT TO PUT A SL ORDER TO EXIT FROM AN EXISTING POSITON GO TO MARGIN POSITIONS AND CLICK ON THE SQUARE OFF LINK AND PUT A SL ORDER. WHEN YOU ARE IN PROFIT AND WANT TO EXIT THE POSITION GO TO ORDER BOOK AND MODIFY THE SL ORDER INTO A PROFIT TAKING ORDER...HOPE THIS HELPS...
ALL THE BEST
PRAVEEN:thumb:

Hai Friends,
I am new to this Traderji.com. I do have a doubt regd this margin trading...Today morning, I underwent some expert info for intraday trading (ie.. bank sectors will move up clearly). With these expert opinions, I was ready in the morning from 8:50 am onwards to trigger the margin buy order for the bank sector stocks...But from ICICI DIRECT, I was not able to initiate any margin order till 9:15 am. Yet, all the banking sector stocks started with the high values immediately once the market opens..hence I was not able to initiate any MARGIN BUY order b4 the market opening time & due to which I was not able to get the benefits from the expert info. on time...

So, anyone can help me to buy the stocks thru ICICI DIRECT for intraday immediately once the market starts / b4 the opening time...????????????

gambler

If u want to be successful in trading than forget icicidirect. Its my long term experience.

Open ur account with some other broker.

Hai Friends,
I am new to this Traderji.com. I do have a doubt regd this margin trading...Today morning, I underwent some expert info for intraday trading (ie.. bank sectors will move up clearly). With these expert opinions, I was ready in the morning from 8:50 am onwards to trigger the margin buy order for the bank sector stocks...But from ICICI DIRECT, I was not able to initiate any margin order till 9:15 am. Yet, all the banking sector stocks started with the high values immediately once the market opens..hence I was not able to initiate any MARGIN BUY order b4 the market opening time & due to which I was not able to get the benefits from the expert info. on time...

So, anyone can help me to buy the stocks thru ICICI DIRECT for intraday immediately once the market starts / b4 the opening time...????????????