icicidirect.com CTD - how does it work?

Hello traders,

This is my first post. The forum has been a great source of learning, till date. I need your help in understanding the concept of CTD (Convert to Delivery) with icicidirect.com

Here is the situation:
13 Feb 12: On margin trading, I bought (BUY) Pantaloon's shares at various prices ranging from 176.75 to 179.5. During the course of the day, I saw that the price dropped and beyond my loss-taking ability. I sold (SELL) few shares, but the loss was mounting. Hence, I converted (CTD) 500 shares to delivery. The price range on that day was 184.3 - 176.3.

16 Feb 12: On margin trading, I went long (BUY) or short (SELL) on Pantaloon at various prices ranging from 197 to 190.74, on multiple counts. I did NOT convert any share to delivery.

17 Feb 12: On margin trading, I went long (BUY) or short (SELL) on Pantaloon at various prices ranging from 200.6 to 189, on multiple counts. I did NOT convert any share to delivery.

Today, when I checked my Equities, under "Trade & Invest--> Portfolio--> Equity", it shows that the average buy price of my 500 shares is 197.44. The day I used the CTD option, the price never touched 197.44.

What has happened here? How did icicidirect.com put a price tag of 197.44 to the 500 shares? Any explanation would be grateful.

TIA,
dhoka

LivetoTrade

To my knowledge, icicidirect work on a first in-first out model.

You margin and delivery share prices have been averaged automatically.

Brokerage has been included in your average price.

Hi LivetoTrade,

It would be nice if you could explain first-in-first-out concept. Also, that day's (13 Feb) price range for Pantaloon was between 184.3 - 176.3. Hence, there is no way that icicidirect.com can arrive at an average price of 197.44. Even if you add a brokerage of 1%, the price shouldn't cross 180.

Kindly suggest.

-dhoka