ICICI Log In problem

When I log in to ICICIDirect using the username and password, I get a repeat screen asking me for the username and password again. Is anybody on this board facing this type of problem

hometypist said:
When I log in to ICICIDirect using the username and password, I get a repeat screen asking me for the username and password again. Is anybody on this board facing this type of problem
I face the same problem .... whenever I click somewhere it asks for the username password... doesnot happens all the time but happens most of the times... I am sick of it... there are times when I try to buy a stock and it goes to the login page 5-6 times.... disgusting....

I access the site from my office(corporate LAN) I think that its because of my office LAN network coz I I never had this problem while accessing the site from home...

One thing.. wen it asks me to re-login I simply click on the browser's back button and click on the same link again.... and it works(may be in the 5th attempt) but it works without reentering the username and password.

hometypist said:
Might be because of programming error. Hope one day our money doesnt vanish from our account because of such type of error
Don't get paranoid my friend. Working behind firewalls does have it's own disadvantages, as you should be knowing. :cool:

OK, here is another kind of problem with ICICIDirect login page: please check the attachment image. You will see the screen shot of a login page where you wont find any text boxes for entering the user ID and password. Isn't that amusing?

I lost a sell opportunity today during this time. Date, Time etc are well noted in the screen shot image itself (for any one from ICICIDirect team to debug the problem).

Attachments

ICICI direct today has posted a message from their boss offering apologies due increase in number of clients. If they cannot handle addtional clents why take them in the first place. Its better to go to Sharekhan or India bulls.

pr_shetty said:
ICICI direct today has posted a message from their boss offering apologies due increase in number of clients. If they cannot handle addtional clents why take them in the first place. Its better to go to Sharekhan or India bulls.
In business nobody will lose the chance of getting addition customers particularly when in todays market lots of people are getting online to do share transactions and find it convenient. By the way their apology has got no meaning when you look at their service deterioration after the apology. Earlier when you clicked on the WatchList of ICICIDirect, the pages used to appear immediately, now one is asked to wait for 3 minutes if you want to go to another watchlist. This goes on to show that they are not upgrading but making use of the existing infrastructure they are having by giving inferior service compared to before. This is one of the service deterioration I found out. If you have found out any other service deterioration please share it with the boarders here.

Hi,

I think by this time, you must be aware of the various problems we face in ICICIDirect for the last 2 months or so. During this period, we have lost lots of money, it is not just because we are not good investors but because we could not place any orders successfully through ICICIDirect. Most of the times, when the market was in our favour, we could not place orders. Or even when we place orders, most of the time, they were in QUEUED status, and then it could become ORDERED status, and at the end the orders not executed. NO CHANCE FOR US TO MODIFY OR CANCEL THE ORDERS. It has happened most of the times during this period.

The problem you faced is one of them. We are logged out frequently by ICICIDirect and that is why you are forced to login frequently.

My advice to you is please shift to some other reliable online trading platforms like, Sharekhan, 5Paisa.com, etc. after going through all the details. I am also in search of good trading sites and I have shortlisted to Sharekhan and 5Paisa.com.

Happy shifting and investing.!