ichimoku cloud strategy

Riskyman

Ty riskyman or rather v cautiously trading riskyman:thumb:.....
Btw senkou A and B crossover happened and using that one could have long and since another crossover is yet to happen the long is still valid ........so in this case this crossover works v well right and I manually tested some stocks for 2 months and this works well.. So should we use all 8 rules you have given though I believe success rate of yours may be better.....
The long trade was valid. But It really depends on how you approach your trades. Since these trades of mine are on 5 min time frame, I would usually book part profits when price starts to fall below/ touch the kijun sen. If price goes back above the Kijun & Tenkan then I will just let the trend go on till i get stopped out. Twice I booked profits when price fell below the kijun and renetered the trend again when price went up over the kijun. Now exited fully as price will fall out of the cloud. Maybe time to go short. (Attaching a picture as the trade is developing )

I use a few more rules since I trade 4 hour and daily charts. In the currency markets price can move 100-200 pips in a day so I dont like to violate my rules. Moreover, these rules were made by the guy who designed the system. So why muck with it? Since they work well for me on the higher timeframes, I use the same on smaller TF as well. Works very well. keeps me out of undue trouble and stress.

Riskyman

@ Riskyman

What is your experience/opinion about Ichimoku in stocks.

Thanks
Rajesh
Hi, Ichimoku doesn't differentiate between stock/commodity/forex data. It works on all. Ichimoku can be successfully traded on stocks on various timeframes. My personal experience has been very good trading stocks and indices for both intraday and positional. You will often miss out on the early part of the trend which is OK but then its great even if you end up catching 50% of a move. Please explore various time frames and see what works best for you.
Good luck.

Hello Riskyman,

Thanks for sharing personal experience.

You will often miss out on the early part of the trend which is OK but then its great even if you end up catching 50% of a move.
I liked it when somebody said basicaly similar

Don,t try to...... Buy low and sell high
or...... sell high and buy low

rather try to..... Buy high and sell higher
and..... sell low and buy lower

Thanks
Rajesh

Hi

I have one more doubt.
If I am into positional trading and say I bought a lot of dish tv today at 100 rs. Per share. And say my stop loss is 98. Now tomorrow let's assume there is gap down and the price becomes 93 at 9.15 am.

So tomorrow when should I put my SL stop loss AMO order and will My SL get accepted or will my trade get closed somewhere outside stoploss and between 93 and 98?

My query is how do I trim my losses during gap downs while shorting or ups during longs?

Thnx

kainiteh

Still your stop loss is a pending order in this case...... Reset the stop or exit at CMP..... If price jumps over your stop loss no trigger had been done....

Hi Friends,

I am a beginner in stock market and learnt this indicator. Please refer the below image and help me how can we filter this kind of fake signals.

thanks in advance,
Mullangi

Last edited:

prst

your chikou span was still below price when u took the trade. wait for it to break above price. So ur 1st trade was not a valid signal.

http://www.ichimokutrader.com/

One of the very good sites that I know dealing with Ichimoku. It is a website based out of China and it handles Indian stocks and provides plenty of explanation of what each crossing means and also flags the signals.

You do need to register to save your own stock list (its free)

I went through http://www.ichimokutrader.com/
and i find the cloud formation used in the charts perfect later i tried to find same codes used in http://www.ichimokutrader.com/ sites but coudnt find the same code afl.
Pls if Any 1 has the ichimoku cloud afl used in above sites then pls share.