icharts people rude behaviour..

Hello Everybody,

This is Srikanth from iCharts.

What invincible_guy28 said in the first post did actually happen. The phone was answered by a customer support person I had hired few weeks before the incident and was still under training. I wish invincible_guy28 had posted how the problem actually was resolved by us the same day. I called him within minutes and apologised to him and accepted the cash deposit and the same day I updated our payment details page as he had suggested.

I have since modified procedures, the customer support person only updates subscriptions by going through customer's emails and sends out confirmation replies. All phone calls are still answered by me. This will probably go on until I can find someone who has the temperment to handle customers politely.

I am sorry for what happened.

--
SwingTrader
icharts.in
srikanth at icharts dot in

wake up people,,,,get hold of sum good software..these icharts & other stuff which are discused here are all 3rd grade stupid stuff..wh r uwasting ur time & money over all these things...i think sum people will never learn.
If you have used our charts, kindly let us know what you find 3rd grade so we can improve our tools.

Thanks.

--
SwingTrader
iCharts.in

i have few queries regarding Real time stocks service
1. Is the data real time or their is slight delay,few seconds wont matter?
2. More importantly is the data exact, corrcet like authorised data vendors e.g if i compare my data for Reliance using icharts & reuters there should not be any dicrepancy
3 are u autrhorised by NSE if not how do u source ur data
4. i went thru J charts EOD, is the RT version similar i.e. browser based with one stock at a time?
Thanks
Naveen
PS; just read ur disclaimer, it says we make no guarantee for accuracy, quality, thoroughness of information, what does information mean here, does it mean stock OHLC volume data or the Stock calls made

Last edited:
i have few queries regarding Real time stocks service
1. Is the data real time or their is slight delay,few seconds wont matter?
2. More importantly is the data exact, corrcet like authorised data vendors e.g if i compare my data for Reliance using icharts & reuters there should not be any dicrepancy
3 are u autrhorised by NSE if not how do u source ur data
4. i went thru J charts EOD, is the RT version similar i.e. browser based with one stock at a time?
Thanks
Naveen
PS; just read ur disclaimer, it says we make no guarantee for accuracy, quality, thoroughness of information, what does information mean here, does it mean stock OHLC volume data or the Stock calls made
1. We get data from a data vendor, there is a delay of about 6-8 seconds.

2. Our users have reported some discrepancy - especially in case of opening bar's high/low. Also, in some cases when there is extreme volatility users have reported a missed tick. We are in the process of testing a different data feed and will be moving to it in the near future.

3. As I said above, we are not authorised NSE data vendor. We do not provide data. We source data from a data vendor. Currently we provide charts for NSE cash scrips only. For futures we are planning to get data directly from NSE.

4. Yes, our JCharts (EOD) software is the exact same software we use for JCharts (RT) - our main charting tool. We also have JCharts (RT-Plus) where 4 charts can be displayed at the same time but this is under testing. We are in the process of building desktop based charting software, this will be released with the NSE futures feed.

If anybody has anymore questions please email me us at support at icharts dot in as it will look like advertising here if I continue to answer questions here. I don't want to go against the rules here, I just posted here for clarifying what happened with the starter of this thread.

Regards.

--
SwingTrader

R

ratan jain

1. We get data from a data vendor, there is a delay of about 6-8 seconds.

2. Our users have reported some discrepancy - especially in case of opening bar's high/low. Also, in some cases when there is extreme volatility users have reported a missed tick. We are in the process of testing a different data feed and will be moving to it in the near future.

3. As I said above, we are not authorised NSE data vendor. We do not provide data. We source data from a data vendor. Currently we provide charts for NSE cash scrips only. For futures we are planning to get data directly from NSE.

4. Yes, our JCharts (EOD) software is the exact same software we use for JCharts (RT) - our main charting tool. We also have JCharts (RT-Plus) where 4 charts can be displayed at the same time but this is under testing. We are in the process of building desktop based charting software, this will be released with the NSE futures feed.

If anybody has anymore questions please email me us at support at icharts dot in as it will look like advertising here if I continue to answer questions here. I don't want to go against the rules here, I just posted here for clarifying what happened with the starter of this thread.

Regards.

--
SwingTrader
Maybe dear you dont realise that even a small discrepancy in the high and low of the bar in EOD can make or break a trader.

So, I would not call this a " some discrepancy " I would call it a total failure of EOD

Sorry if I am too strong in my words, but this is how I feel.

I personally take the help of the high and low of the bar to place my stops and it would ruin my trades if the bar itself was wrong!

Hi SwingTrader,

I have been iCharts.in from around last one year.The JCharts(EOD) used to get updated everyday. From 04/03/2009 the data update is no more happening for the BSE stocks. May I know why is this happening and what steps are you taking to resolve it?

Regards,
Maddy

Hi Swingtrader

today i just came to this thread by chance, while looking at the NEW POSTS.

i specially liked ur reply, the way u clarified the issues in such a good way. i felt so good after reading it that i could not stop my self from appreciating your post.

although i have not used ur services and do not have any practical experience with them. still i appreciate the professional and polite replies. :)

wish u all the best.
frank

IMHO ...Icharts is good in subscription processing....they accept my subscription even when i make it on sunday....they renew it before monday market opening.....i am transfering online to their account ......for that i get hot payment number....when i send this number thru my mail id ....they quickly process it and accepts.....