IBPY with python and on how to determine trading strategies.

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to build automated trading system using ibpy (interactive brokers) api with python.

I need help in determining a trend day for index ( if it will keep going up or will keep going down) in a python code.

Once trend is determined what should be the entry point or exit points.

Right now my code gets nifty index data for every second and it will creates it's own 5 min chats.

I appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks a lot.

trying using technical indicators from "talib" library, as far as trend is concerned it is up to you how you would define it. I have my own python code which gets data from nest trader and perform analysis.

TradeOptions

trying using technical indicators from "talib" library, as far as trend is concerned it is up to you how you would define it. I have my own python code which gets data from nest trader and perform analysis.
thank you skybond7.

Can you please shed some light on various ways in which Ta-Lib could be used ? I am not a programmer and could not understand how that could be used practically with some sort of Database like SQL Server or MySQL etc. Is that possible ? Please provide some guidance.

Thanks a lot
With regards

Shikamaru

What a drag!!!
thank you skybond7.

Can you please shed some light on various ways in which Ta-Lib could be used ? I am not a programmer and could not understand how that could be used practically with some sort of Database like SQL Server or MySQL etc. Is that possible ? Please provide some guidance.

Thanks a lot
With regards
It is phython package for Technical Analysis
TA-LIB - Technical Analysis Library which contains several
indicator which was built in, so that you can import and use
as function in your coding

TradeOptions

It is phython package for Technical Analysis
TA-LIB - Technical Analysis Library which contains several
indicator which was built in, so that you can import and use
as function in your coding
Thank you for your reply Shikamaru

Does that means that TA-LIB is built only for Python ? And there is absolutely no way to use it with any database etc. in any way ?

Regards

Shikamaru

What a drag!!!
Thank you for your reply Shikamaru

Does that means that TA-LIB is built only for Python ? And there is absolutely no way to use it with any database etc. in any way ?

Regards
Yes, you can... Import package and call the particular function in your code..
I hope you need to install this package before using it...

TradeOptions

Thank you Shikamaru and skybond7

I will checkout those links.

btw, have you guys seen anything else also which provides the ability to use Technical Analysis Indicators into Databases etc. ? or if TA-LIB is only one of a kind in this category and there is no other similar tool available out there ?

Thanks and regards