I will give you a surprise

Which one of this statements refers the most to my self ?

• Little, I am in a stage of learning and searching as I have not much knowledge about indicators.

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Little, as I just started doing live trades with what I think will work.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Have learned a lot in the past, but are still not sure if it is enough to do live trades.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Made a few trades, not really successful and I think, have to search for new ideas and indicators.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Make live and paper trades regularly, but not really happy with it.

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Do live trades every day and use different styles, include S and R lines.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I am a 100% pro, very non dependent on any special system. I know, my way of trading works.

Votes: 21 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raghavacc

Hi
Thanks SS to post the peace of chart which is left after cutting away the black triangles. You may asked your self, what this little exercise is about?

It is easier for us to trade horizontal S&R lines. Many big trading companies trade mostly only horizontal lines. Why? Because it is easier and many of these traders only know how to go a future long or short.

I have worked with fund managers, which had no clue about any special hedge strategies. They only went short or long the whole days, sitting in front of there screens and wait for a signal from there system.

What I showed in the last chart on an uptrend is more for individual traders, what not means, that they not can be whales. A big hedge fund company is like a factory. There are traders which do some simple systems and the better and more experienced once do have other products they manage.

Such products are some times not available for the public. So, if some one says I work in a hedge fund company that does not mean, that he is a great trader, even if he can play with a few million USD. He may is only one of them, which do trade an automated system and beside that has no ideas about any advanced way of trading.

Coming back to the last chart: If we trade such pictures, we really have to adjust our trading style, even it is clearly only range trading. But as the market moves inclined, it makes it more difficult to trade it. It is each ones personal choice, what he likes to trade with his knowledge.

I gave you now ideas on different time frames. The ranges always have been there. If we BELIEVE in what we trade and use for our trading, we will become successful with what we use for our trading. We then will trade it to the best possible way and we will become successful with the tools we use.

It is our: I BELIEVE IN MY TOOLS AND KNOWLEDGE, which can make us successful traders and nothing else.

The next chart will give you an idea that P&F also works on a short time frame. It is a Chart with a 15 min time frame on the JYE/USD.

And here just some thing to remember you, that your brain tells you what you see and not your eyes.

Tc and do some sport to keep your buddy in healthy conditions.

DanPickUp
Hello Dan,

Sorry I could not visit your thread for a long time. Hope you have recovered your health.

Again , Your charts are doing some magic.:)

DanPickUp

Hi Raghavac

Thanks for your visit here.:) You are always welcome.

May I ask: Has anybody here nifty or bank nifty data for the last two years in Metastock format and would be able to share it with me. So I may can show some stuff on that. ( Only if you are interested )

DanPickUp

oilman5

Oilman5

Did you use your brain when you wrote your last post ?

Specially your last line.

You never ever traded successfully P&F, other wise you would not write such rubbish. And you know exactly what I mean with that.

You made me really angry with the rubbish you posted.

Do not post again such rubbish in this thread

Thank you
Thanks buddy for your nice words.
Your chart even suggest (p&f)......trading at imp support/resistance with directional bias.
Since 1hr readily available in India in metastock ,.....so i have suggested for that bias trade in this hr-time frame chart.
My last line is 'regards"...........ya u r right.......u may not deserve that & i shall not put further 'rubbish'........word ........for u/ur thread.
If u mean..........before last line .......yes for already +ive system trader, they dont need something new.
MOB......means make or break.............particular support /resistance shall be valid or not.
I must give credit to Aw10 & linkon.
btw.........i dont trade using p&f.......it was part of Syllabus in CMT.
Since i am told....u an arbitrage/hedge type trader with call/put mastery.........u may not also trading p&f.:clapping:

oilman5

let p&f credit goes to originator........who used it successfully THOMAS J DORSEY.
i have his book Trading tips'.........vision books from 2002. Definitely he has published other books on this subject. Aw10'swork ......is also excellent for Traderji reader.
4strong themes including sector rotation using p&f used in that book.
dont worry be happy .

EagleOne

Hi
Eeagle One, I not really know what you mean, but in Gann theory, the up or down trend is in healthy condition when it is in a 45 degree angles. There is no rule known to me, that trend lines in P&F must be at 45 degree angles.

DanPickUp
Danny boy, thank you for being honest. I like that. I know the answer. Usually I ask innocent questions just to test people's integrity before spending time on/with them. Time is the most precious commodity, right? :)

Also, you are right. There is no hard and fast rule for 45 degree angles; just a matter of convenience to compensate deviation spikes through median values. A normal statistical practice used in various theoretical scientific disciplines. Gann's angles are no exception to this practice.

By the way, what sport are you talking about to keep which buddy in healthy conditions?

Hope you are not suggesting some 'naughty' sport ******************

Take care, bro. Looking forward to more of your posts!

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleOne

Hi Raghavac

May I ask: Has anybody here nifty or bank nifty data for the last two years in Metastock format and would be able to share it with me. So I may can show some stuff on that. ( Only if you are interested )

DanPickUp
I can send you the data in .txt format in a zip file if you wish. I know how to import them seamlessly in Amibroker by changing database pathway. Don't know about Metastock, never used it. However, there is our friend, Romeo&Elliot, who, I think, uses metastock and has all the data. I will ask him whether he can help you in this matter.

hi Danpickup,

data downloader is available in volumedigger.com. with this downloaded it is possible to download option's data in both metastock/amibroker format.

reagards

Hi Raghavac

DanPickUp

DanPickUp

Hi oilmann

To remember: What ever is shown here is stuff some may like for what ever reason and others don't for what ever reason. All of this charts can be traded with the right knowledge and tools. Some ideas are not makable in Indian market, specially the advanced O and F strategies which, I personally connect with some of this charts. But it is not my intention to mention or recommend any of this strategies here in this thread as I also did not tell once, that anybody must trade on any of this charts and time frames.

Consider this for you next critic and if you post one, do it in a positive way and I then on the other hand would excuse my self for my wild post. And now, if you do not mind, let us shake hands, move on and forget about it.

Eagle One: Walking and running in the forest is what I do for the heart and the lungs. Such sport you can do every where, even in your place :). I sent you a PM about the zipfile.

Sprintravi75, I will check the link. Thanks. I have a converter and I will see what I can do.

Trade4joisar, I also will check your link. Thanks for the help.

DanPickUp

Last edited:

AW10

Danny boy, thank you for being honest. I like that. I know the answer. Usually I ask innocent questions just to test people's integrity before spending time on/with them. Time is the most precious commodity, right? :)

Also, you are right. There is no hard and fast rule for 45 degree angles; just a matter of convenience to compensate deviation spikes through median values. A normal statistical practice used in various theoretical scientific disciplines. Gann's angles are no exception to this practice.

By the way, what sport are you talking about to keep which buddy in healthy conditions?

Hope you are not suggesting some 'naughty' sport ******************

Take care, bro. Looking forward to more of your posts!

Trend line on P&F chart..
To the best of my knowledge, trendline are drawn on P&F at 45 degree angle. As soon as we have new column, i.e. the prev cols is clearly ended, we can project the trendline in future. That is the strength of P&F that it doesn't wait for next Swing low / high point before helping you draw a trendline.

Ofcourse, when you have new Swing low/high point, you can always draw another TL. If you recall the chart posted here by someone earlier from stockcharts.com site, that chart has 2 clear TL, colored in red and blue.

On charts, we can always have multiple trendlines, but sooner or later we will be able to see the major turning point and the trendline from that point is the major trend decider. On NIFTY, we are hitting the trendline from Nov. high.

Happy trading

Status
Not open for further replies.