I want MACD HISTOGRAM DIVERGENCE SYSTEM TESTER IN METASTOCK

Debraj said:
1) I hope you have put an exit formaula in the Close Long tab of system tester. Or alternatively activated one (or more) Stops.

2) Check the periodicity of your exploration and chart. Do they tally? What is the date of the exploration? Have you loaded a minimum of 500 bars?

3) Have you delayed Entry in the system tester?

4) Finally, have you typed in or copy-pasted the indicator exactly as it is written here?

As for the expert commentary, what exactly, based on your exploration formula, do you want it to tell you? kindly be specific.

Best regards,

Debarj
Hello Debraj,
Thanks for your reply. I checked & reviewd every point you said above but that is all fine & my problem is not solved yet.

To make long story short just tell me exactly in your next post what Formulae I need to type in what column of system tester exactly?

As for the expert commentary, I want expert to tell me the reason to buy on that same particular buy call day given by my exploration and system tester.

Waiting for your prompt reply,
With Best Regards,
Paras Sharma.

Hi Paras,

I am a bit confused by your last post. You want to know what Formulae you need to type in what column of system tester exactly. If you do not know that, how could you have checked my first point about the necessity of putting an exit formula in the Close Long tab of system tester?

You need to put the MACD DIVERGENCE BUY VOLATILITY indicator in the Enter Long tab of the system tester and your exit formula in the Close Long tab.

The system tester is basically used to backtest the validity of your idea. The buy call is given by the explorer.

Since the reason you want to buy the stock is already incorporated in your exploration formula, there is no need to write a separate expert commentary for it.

Best regards,

Debraj

Debraj said:
Hi Paras,
I am a bit confused by your last post. You want to know what Formulae you need to type in what column of system tester exactly.
Best regards,
Debraj
Hello Debraj,

Thanks once again for your prompt reply. I kindly request you to atleast write simply the whole system tester formulae for MACD DIVERGENCE BUY VOLATILITY with detail mentioning what column contains what thing exactly?

Waiting for your prompt & positive reply,
With Best Regards,
Paras Sharma.

exportwork said:
Hello Debraj,

Thanks once again for your prompt reply. I kindly request you to atleast write simply the whole system tester formulae for MACD DIVERGENCE BUY VOLATILITY with detail mentioning what column contains what thing exactly?

Waiting for your prompt & positive reply,
With Best Regards,
Paras Sharma.
You are in a hurry brother. Spend some time with Metastock, tinker around, write some simple indicators on your own and you will gradually become an expert. I believe your stage is that of a "script kiddie", i.e, just going on copy-pasting formulas from the net without any idea what they are and what purpose they serve.
Even if I code your Expert Advisors and scans , you will not find the holy grail
Rgds
indiatrader

Hi Paras,

Sorry I could not reply yesterday as I came home late at night.

I have already converted the exploration you posted into simply the whole system tester Enter Long formula for MACD DIVERGENCE BUY VOLATILITY. To understand what column contains what thing exactly please take a look at what the creator of this exploration, Denis Mortell, has to say:

"MACD Histogram Divergence

This explorer looks for stocks exhibiting extreme divergence from the MACD Histogram. In his book "Trading for a Living", Alexander Elder argues that divergence from the MACD Histogram gives the strongest signals in the whole of technical analysis.

ColA:

md := MACD();

mdhist := md - Mov(md,9,E);

Correl(((Sum(Cum(1)*( mdhist ),100))-(Sum(Cum(1),100)*

Sum(( mdhist ),100)/100))/((Sum(Power(Cum(1),2),100))-

(Power(Sum(Cum(1),100),2)/100)),((Sum(Cum(1)*C,100))-(Sum(Cum(1),100)*

Sum(C,100)/100))/((Sum(Power(Cum(1),2),100))-(Power(Sum(Cum(1),100),2)/100)

),12,0)

Filter Column:

colA and colA <-0.8

The above formula can also be combined with a volatility buy signal and a volume signal. The following addition is then made.

ColB: The volatility buy signal

H > Ref(C,-1) + 1.8 * Ref( ATR(10),-1)

ColC: Volume 10% above the average of the previous 10 days

V > 1.1 * Ref( Mov(V,10,E),-1)

Filter Column:

colA AND colB AND colC AND colA <-0.80"

If you want to delve deeper, I suggest that you take the time to familiarise yourself with the basics of Metastock and of the Metastock formula language by going through the MS manual and the free Equis formula primer.

Best regards,

Debraj

Debraj said:
Hi Paras,

I have already converted the exploration you posted into simply the whole system tester Enter Long formula for MACD DIVERGENCE BUY VOLATILITY.

If you want to delve deeper, I suggest that you take the time to familiarise yourself with the basics of Metastock and of the Metastock formula language by going through the MS manual and the free Equis formula primer.

Best regards,

Debraj

Dear Debraj,
Kindly write/post simply once again the "whole system tester enter long, enter short enter, close long, close short whatever all columns with formulaes containing inside them please?" Dear Sir I want to check system tester to gave me same buy call on same day which exploration result also gave me. Also I want to check if the system tester had given it's previous buy calls valid or not. Hope you understand now.

I would greatly apprecieate your kindness for answering me exactly what I want.

Thanks once again!
With Best Regards,
Paras Sharma.

Last edited:
indiatrader said:
You are in a hurry brother. Spend some time with Metastock, tinker around, write some simple indicators on your own and you will gradually become an expert. I believe your stage is that of a "script kiddie", i.e, just going on copy-pasting formulas from the net without any idea what they are and what purpose they serve.
Even if I code your Expert Advisors and scans , you will not find the holy grail
Rgds
indiatrader
Dear Indiatrader,
Thanks for your expert advise really. Iam a newbie honestly & dont know anything really. I would be glad if you could help me start teaching about what you said in a realistic & practical way.

Also if possible kindly write in your next post the Expert Advisor code which Iam searching for.

Thanks,
Paras Sharma.

U

uasish

Dear Exportwork,
Debraj is very considerate to accomodate all these queries.Iindiatrader has
actually given u the clue of how to learn.Just copy paste seems to be the order of the day.Ok fine but boss to learn the 1st thing 1st is to break down the conditions in small parts and actually see in different charts of bull/bear phase of high/low beta stock .The condition ,as was in the formula

mdhist := md - Mov(md,9,E)
copy paste this & see what happens.Nothing ,all blank but i tell u just put a semicolon after "9,E)" & see on ur header the name will be visible not the line on the chart.Now it is ur task to get a line on ur chart.These r basics of
Formula.Read the manual.Obiously u copy paste,but know the basics 1st.
Regards
Asish

uasish said:
Dear Exportwork,
Debraj is very considerate to accomodate all these queries.Iindiatrader has
actually given u the clue of how to learn.Just copy paste seems to be the order of the day.Ok fine but boss to learn the 1st thing 1st is to break down the conditions in small parts and actually see in different charts of bull/bear phase of high/low beta stock .The condition ,as was in the formula

mdhist := md - Mov(md,9,E)
copy paste this & see what happens.Nothing ,all blank but i tell u just put a semicolon after "9,E)" & see on ur header the name will be visible not the line on the chart.Now it is ur task to get a line on ur chart.These r basics of
Formula.Read the manual.Obiously u copy paste,but know the basics 1st.
Regards
Asish
Dear Asish,
Thanks for your expert advise really. Iam a newbie honestly & dont know anything really. I would be glad if you could help me start teaching about what you said in a realistic & practical way.

Also if possible kindly write in your next post the System Tester & Expert Advisor code exactly which Iam searching for. Also I dont have any metastock manual as it was lost long ago.

It seems like none of the senior experienced or junior members of this forum really has answer of my query? Daily I come to see if somebody had solved my query but nobody seems to be able to do that I guess.

With Best Regards,
Paras Sharma.

Last edited: