I think that zerodha is tracking my orders. What should i do?

deba72

As soon zerodha came up with 'copy the trades of best traders' sort of scheme, I became very skeptical of them

It explicitly means they would keep an eye on good profit making clients

BTW this concept of copying the trades of best traders was pioneered by a forex broker

Not a good practice imho
Nothing stops brokerages who don't have zerodha like schemes to do the same. Only way to avoid this is to have one's own exchange membership.

tradedatrend

Nothing stops brokerages who don't have zerodha like schemes to do the same. Only way to avoid this is to have one's own exchange membership.
Those who trade with a capital of crores, for them option of something like Alpha membership is open too

Beside it, since big brokerage house like IIFL also have jumped into Discount broking having a huge client base which is not that easy to monitor, option of switching is open too

How will they or any broker know which trades of yours will be profitable if they follow you. If they follow your profitable trade, what is the guarantee that from the time they follow it will not go down. Just my two cents.
I am not talking any single trade. I think they are following all my trades.
May be they have a system to find who user is giving them maximum returns

How do you know they are tracking? What should be checked to know this?

Please share this so that we can check if our orders also getting tracked or not.
One time . My margin is not much left ( almost none) on my zerodha account, i have got a call from them to increase my margin.
i am not sure but they can track

What made you believe they are tracking ? And even if they track and place big orders in your trade direction it is good for you. And if you have doubts, why are you trading with them ?
I am trading with them because there brokerage is low.
Also there is no guaranty if i open stock account with other company they will not track my orders.
Every stock broker company can track some one orders of there users

But no evidence was given as to why thread starter feels that his trades are tracked. In addition he has mentioned his profits....and also his contact datails. This gives rise to doubt about the intention of the thread starter himself.

Smart_trade

One time . My margin is not much left ( almost none) on my zerodha account, i have got a call from them to increase my margin.
i am not sure but they can track
Margins , M to M, are tracked by Risk Management Departments of all brokers....so that is not a proof to say they are tracking your orders/trades.

Smart_trade

Haha Sud 56, finally found somebody who can agree with me. I make good money too, and realized some thing wrong. Hence, moved to some broker. Copy trades scheme are no new things but in India still a taboo but as someone said Mr. Kamath is a clever guy. So, use you intution and decide.

Haha Sud 56, finally found somebody who can agree with me. I make good money too, and realized some thing wrong. Hence, moved to some broker. Copy trades scheme are no new things but in India still a taboo but as someone said Mr. Kamath is a clever guy. So, use you intution and decide.
Now any Zerodha member can track trades of the star traders by paying just Rs 500 per month...so why should Zerodha track someones orders when they are available to all at Rs 500/- pm.

Smart_trade