I think Nifty futures topped out at 3405

Friends,

I believe the bullish trend for nifty futures is over at 3405 for the Derivative month of August. Only in September futures Nifty may cross 3405 again.

What do you say.

tanewbie

So far no evidence of negative divergnces in Nifty or Nifty futures so the trend shd continue for some more time

Last edited:

tanewbie

Attached is hourly chart of nifty futures. there was negative divergnce wrt MACD which resulted in a sell off tilll last thursday. Now its regaining momentum. If NF can takeout 3400 then we may see a short and swift rally till atleast 3450 . Reliance,HLL,Tisco,SBI and the cement pack might lead the next round of rally.

Last edited:
fundamentally where are the FII's , do they not count at all? as far as my knowledge goes they have sold out heavy in April & may. if you count june july and august they have hardly added anything to their kitty. Why are they so quiet? Also they have been selling quite a bit in the last few days when the market is moving up , Why?

SGM

fundamentally where are the FII's , do they not count at all? as far as my knowledge goes they have sold out heavy in April & may. if you count june july and august they have hardly added anything to their kitty. Why are they so quiet? Also they have been selling quite a bit in the last few days when the market is moving up , Why?
Hello

FII activity in August as per SEBI site

http://www.sebi.gov.in/FIILatest.jsp?period=month

For august the totals are as follows

Gross Purchases(Rs Crores) : 22, 733.2
Gross Sales(Rs Crores) -----: 18, 962.4
Net Investment (Rs Crores) : 3, 826.1
Net Investment US($) million: 824.1

For 25th the figures on SEBI site are 1387, 1319.4, 67.6,

Regards
Sanjay

Hello

FII activity in August as per SEBI site

http://www.sebi.gov.in/FIILatest.jsp?period=month

For august the totals are as follows

Gross Purchases(Rs Crores) : 22, 733.2
Gross Sales(Rs Crores) -----: 18, 962.4
Net Investment (Rs Crores) : 3, 826.1
Net Investment US($) million: 824.1

For 25th the figures on SEBI site are 1387, 1319.4, 67.6,

Regards
Sanjay

Nothing like hard figures to nip a conspiracy theory in the bud.. :)
My 2 penny's worth is that I don't see the NIFTY having done its top, as I am sure, even after the divergence appears, it can continue to be divergent for a while

I anyways believe in the school which teaches you not to anticipate tops, as it is the surest way to get murdered in a trending market.. taking profits, however, is a different thing.

Regards.