I need recovery loss formula

Hi Guru's,

I hope are all are doing and earing good. I bought GMR Infa 2000 shares @ Rs 71.00 and now the CMP @ Rs 51.50. I want to recover my loss buying more shares. I need the formula for recover my loss.

Can any one please expian me how much I need to buy same shares to recover my loss.

Thanks
Balu

findvikas

that is called averaging

you bought 1 share @ 71 which is currently at 51.. so even if you buy double the quantity it wont give you a profit but average your losses...

say you bought 1 share @ 70 and now buying 2 shares @ 50... total cost is 170 and avg. is 170/3 = 56.66 which is still in 6.66 rs virtual loss but it gives you benefit as the market is down it will pull back and even if goes about 56.66 you are in gains and not have to wait all the way to 70

but.. a big one... ask yourself what are you averaging and why? do you have faith in this counter to bounce back above your breakeven levels if your answer is yes then still instead of picking up all in one shot pick them in 3-4 lots of equal quantity.

How you brought the stock? thro some recom or by your own. First when you are buying a stock you should have some technical knowledge. After buying a stock you should put strict stoploss if so you would have came out with minimum loss. Ok any way you got it. Only thing you can do it wait for this stock to make a reversal bar after taking a support.Make an average at that time
and you will be out with profit.

happy trading:)
K.Boopathy

chaitanyagoa

Hi Guru's,

I hope are all are doing and earing good. I bought GMR Infa 2000 shares @ Rs 71.00 and now the CMP @ Rs 51.50. I want to recover my loss buying more shares. I need the formula for recover my loss.

Can any one please expian me how much I need to buy same shares to recover my loss.

Thanks
Balu
Dude!!!

Dont buy anything now.... NO Averaging at this point at all..... there is a lot of weakness in the markets..... If i would be U I would get out of the stock or keep a very very tight Stop losss...... Averaging is good only if the market is bouncing back!!! which is looking highly unlikely now...

Thanks

GREENCANDLE

I think GMRI shows smkind of good sign 2day.an upbar closed near middle with good vol is sign of strength.So u sd go 4 avareging but accumulat it gradually.ie buy in 3-4 lots in different dayes.:thumb:

adultvish

Dude!!!

Dont buy anything now.... NO Averaging at this point at all..... there is a lot of weakness in the markets..... If i would be U I would get out of the stock or keep a very very tight Stop losss...... Averaging is good only if the market is bouncing back!!! which is looking highly unlikely now...

Thanks
he is right.
Don't buy now. Wait for confirmation.
The best way of making ur loss is to square off ur positions in GMR at as much high price as you can; and then enter some other script. You can watch following thread for best deals

http://www.traderji.com/equities/29292-stocks-keep-close-eye-chapter-ii-81.html

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Hi Guru's,

Thanks
Balu
A common mistake made by many of us here, including me in the past :p!!! "We wish to cover our losses in the SAME script"!!!
Better way is to exit the weak stock and buy another which is "strong". We should try to to make good our losses from the market rather than from a specific stock!!