I have short the SBI is it right time

I have short the SBI is it right time. Is there anyone who thinks its right time to sell.
Dear new member, try to think like this:

and this:

Some one of our members posted those screen shots in the past and I kept them, as it represents the power of using our brains and believe in what we do.

Guess it was Amitrandive or Niftyoptions who posted it. I see you already have found there threads, so you may adapt such ways of thinking and it surely helps you to have more self confidence about what you do as a professional trader.

Take care and only the best for any of your trades / Dan :)

umeshmandal

I have short the SBI is it right time. Is there anyone who thinks its right time to sell.
It may give you profit but after causing a lot of stomach ache ! :p
Mean to say , it may be a wrongly timed short !
Last four days its been moving up and up and up and with Huge volumes.
In a way we are trying to bring down a shooting rocket ! Better would be to short it when it looses momentum ! Looking at EOD chart today , my preference would be to short it below todays Low !

But you never know as when a fluke trade hits a bulls eye ! Anyways as you have already shorted SBI, best is to follow Test123's advise, keep a SL and take God's name ! :D

Do share your reason for shorting it?

sangram1705

Hi tt,
You have sold into strength. See the chart.
current upmove has strong momentum & already the supply area was once shot through. Once a resistance is broken, it looses its power.

Ideal trade would have been to wait for price to be rejected from that rectangle.

Now what can happen:
scenario 1: price is rejected from that area & you are in profit.
scenario 2: price breaks out & your bp increases
scenario 3: price starts moving sideways & you loose your sleep
scenario 4: breakout & then pullback. initially your tension increase, then you start thinking price is falling & start hoping you will be in profit but bang price starts moving northwards.

I think these type of trades fall into the category of either revenge trade or acting on someones tips.

mastermind007

Yes, you are in counter-trend. Keep a very small stop loss.