I have a LENOVO laptop but...

mmca2006

I am using a LENOVO laptop , purchased during 2009, currently i am witnessing a peculiar problem i.e suddenly it gets shut down , what may be the probable reason ,shall be obliged if any body can guide me to find out the reason of such problem. I am not a computer guy, have zero knowledge about hardware.The person who is doing the maintenance of computers of my office probably is not competent enough to find out the reason.Last time he brushes the RAM etc. and problem stopped to recur for few days but today again it starts!!!
Is there any connection with overheating , also getting mild noise with fan.I use Laptop 9Am to 8 pm i.e nearly for 12 hours.
:confused:

comm4300

problem could be hardware or software related.

check out:
1. like earlier, try and vacuum any dust from RAM/fan hardware.
2. have it checkout for any circuit issues.
3. reinstall all drivers or perhaps the OS itself...

if you can manage, try any Linux based distro for better use of your hardware.

all the best.

TheDreamer

I am using a LENOVO laptop , purchased during 2009, currently i am witnessing a peculiar problem i.e suddenly it gets shut down , what may be the probable reason ,shall be obliged if any body can guide me to find out the reason of such problem. I am not a computer guy, have zero knowledge about hardware.The person who is doing the maintenance of computers of my office probably is not competent enough to find out the reason.Last time he brushes the RAM etc. and problem stopped to recur for few days but today again it starts!!!
Is there any connection with overheating , also getting mild noise with fan.I use Laptop 9Am to 8 pm i.e nearly for 12 hours.
I am using Lenovo since 2006 and I also faced the same problem... It's only due to overheating... Use cooling pads... I hope your problem will be solved... :thumb:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
lenovo ...most ghatiya brand......:mad:....my lenovo laptop stopped working just after 2 years due to battery problem , now they say have to change motherboard etc ....

Sounds like Overheating Problem due to dust accumulation in Laptop Fan and Vents for Air Circulation to me. Visit a reputed Laptop/Computer repair shop in your city which charges reasonable Service charge like about 300 Rs or less and they will do the needful. You can even visit Laptop Manufacturer's Service center but since your Laptop must be out of Warranty Period they may charge you a hefty amount just for Service. FYI- HP charges 1500 rs as service charge minimum for out of warranty Laptops.

I am using Lenovo since 2006 and I also faced the same problem... It's only due to overheating... Use cooling pads... I hope your problem will be solved... :thumb:
I agree with the Dreamer...use good cooling pads as I also had a same problem and using cooling pads worked out for me... :)

check your core temperature. I use a software called HWinfo32. Higher temperatures can lead to immediate shutdown, in which case, you have you clean the fan of the proccy.
Secondly, moisture in the ram can cause this
Thirdly, Software/OS issues can cause this.
Fourthly, In case of the laptop, the adapter/ battery can cause the problem.

poortrader

It is the problem of the fan, dust accumulates in lenovo, I have to clean the fan every 2 years. I am using a lenovo from 2007 till now, no other problems, working perfectly fine. I also have a cooling fan. I also put additional ram now its working better than earlier.

Cleaning of fan can be done by self. Videos are there.