I didnt get delivery of shares on expiry :(

Romeo1998

First,
Sold PE options because you were expecting prices to go down???
Hello cinderblock Sir,
I sold puts because tatamotors is a very good company fundamentally, so i wanted to buy its equities in cash, and at the same time i also wanted some premium, hence i sold its 190 PE, to get its premium, if at month end, equity price was above 190, then i would still have cash in hand + premium, for buying some other stock,... and if at month end, price was below 190, then i would have premium + equities in account...

cinderblock

and if at month end, price was below 190, then i would have premium + equities in account...
At the end of the month (expiry) you wouldn't have the premium (if price below 190, say 170) because it would have been squared at a loss.

Anyway, you don't have delivery in this case. Just the loss in PE

Last edited:

Romeo1998

At the end of the month (expiry) you wouldn't have the premium (if price below 190, say 170) because it would have been squared at a loss.

Anyway, you don't have delivery in this case. Just the loss in PE
Yes Sir, you are correct.
Actually I am very new to options and have been studying and testing options strategies only on paper, this was the first time that i actually traded options. i thought that at month end, bcoz tatamotors was below 190, my PE wont be squared off (bought) bcoz i was taking delivery of shares (buying)

Last edited:

cinderblock

You know you can still take delivery, right? Except it's higher a bit. I thought TaMo must have fallen. Anyway it's just 3 rupees higher. You can still buy in cash.

Nothing's changed. You are only afraid to buy because your PE closed in a loss. Even if delivery was available, your net position would still be almost the same. It's only different in your head.

If you were willing to sell PE on 15th and willing to take delivery the situation hasn't changed much and can buy in cash on Monday. Unless your fundamental perception of the stock has changed in 15 days :)

Last edited: