I am a complan boy

sorry vikas, but I am not trading until Tuesday, 20th August. A lot of traveling with friends with family....making full use of the long weekend coming up.

Also, I am currently trading in any and every equity that meets the NR7/NR21 criteria. I am currently working on reducing the number of equities that I watch, to just 10.....irrespective of whether they fall in the NR7/NR21 category.

So far I have shortlisted BHEL, Wipro and Yes Bank......still deciding on the others :D
Ok complan boy but post it when you trade it is usefull to me because i am following your setup it is very profitable to me so shows your trade

Payback​

Played ITC today, one of my favourite stocks in recent times. More so because I want payback for all the years of loyalty I gave them as a customer when I used to smoke. Initial plans were to go short today, expecting the NIFTY to go down lower.....something happened and it moved up. I think our belove PM, Manmohan singh ji finally learnt to speak or some other similar miracle happened :rofl:

Was watching the movement of NIFTY and IT Still around 10 am, entering the trade at 309, a long position. Exited at 319, with a total profit of 19% for the day. :clap:

Note: Not sure if this true, but some equities react quickly to changes in NIFTY, while some others are a little slow in following the NIFTY trend. This pretty much defines the strength of the equity. ITC was pretty slow in following the bull trend but was quick to latch onto the Bear trend, suggesting that the equity is still weak.

1) The start of a perfect trend. After opening 100 points down, NIFTY was on a uptrend. ITC had cut the lower BB band and had entered the BB band region again. The MACD and RSI were contradictory, so I was not sure if it will go up or down. There is a possibility that it continues on a down trend sandwiched between the two lower BB bands....

I waited for MACD to catch up to the RSI and also for the price action to break the default support line given in trade tiger, at 308.65, which is now a resistance line.

2) Done, done and done. The MACD red lines were slowing down, indicating that the downward momentum was ending, the RSI was going up and the price action had cut the support line at 308.65.

Entered the trade at 309, with an initial stop loss of 306.20, shown by the red line before 2.

Trailing stop losses were set as the price continued on an upward trend, along with NIFTY. The next stop loss was 310, followed by 312 and finally 314.50

3) Just before this candle, the MACD was slowing down and the RSI was near 80. In this candle, the price action cut the upper BB line, the RSI hit 80 and the MACD was suggesting a down trend. Should have been my exit point at a price of 319. I waited, since the NIFTY was on a uptrend after a long time, I assumed that it would last and take the price higher.

Even if my stop loss triggered at 314.50, I would still get a 10% profit, so I could afford to take the risk and wait....for a higher price.

4) Two candles with a the same high, of 319.25. For me thats an alarm bell that the price is struggling. Also, as mentioned in the earlier note, the price action was not enthusiastically following the NIFTY trend and seemed very sluggish after reaching 319.

Also, the MACD lines had crossed over before this and the RSI did not look lively. I could have waited assuming that the candles would be contained between the upper BB lines or waited until it crossed the center BB line....but naa, 19% profit was good enough. Exited long position at 319.

The price later on reached 322, before taking a superb nose dive to reach 311. If you compare the NIFTY and ITC charts, you can see that between 13:00 and 14:00, both of them have a similar downtrend pattern. Unfortunately, it was not same for the uptrend, specially after it hit 319.

A fantastic trading day today.....didnt expect the drop in NIFTY, but I did well to stay in the trade.

Picked Ranbaxy for trading today, since it was a NR7 equity yesterday. It had crossed the support I had set based on previous day low, quite early in the day. Due to the other work, I logged in only around 12 noon. Entered ranbaxy with a short sell at 360 and stop loss at 368. Rode it all the way down to 336, where I made my exit and brought home the days hunt to momma. I could have waited another 5 minutes and the price would have reached 321....but I am happy with my exit.

No indicators or signals today, just followed the downward trend. Every 20 minutes, the price was making new lows, allowing me to feel confident and remain in the trade long enough to clean up.

same as 21st August, downtrending market with no signs of letting up. The support level was around 5300, based on previous trends of NIFTY. Exited from my short position in ITC at a price of 303 and exited at 295, when the NIFTY was near its support level of 5300....around 12:30 noon....

Any equity that was initially following the NIFTY trend would have given profits today :clap:

bad trade day......initially made a 5% profit in DLF when the market was on a downtrend. Should have shut down and gone home with that, instead I took a short position again when the NIFTY was on a proper uptrend.....ignoring the obvious and hoping for a miracle....burnt my hand for that mistake. Took a 7% loss to end at -2% today. Will post the chart if I get time....

Have been doing a lot of trading in BHEL lately, mainly cos the price hit 52wk low in recent times and is trying to go back up. Many investment firms have downgraded their rating on BHEL, to something between bad and moderate (in layman terms). But personally, I see the price of BHEL going places once the market decides to stabilize, hence my persistence with this....

Took a 14% profit today, going for a long position first, followed by a short position when the market really started going downhill.....

Was very cautious initially, cos the price was moving up even though NIFTY was going lower....I was pretty sure that this up trend wouldn't last long if the NIFTY continued on a downtrend. I also knew that if the NIFTY trend reversed, BHEL would move upward at a strong pace.....

1) Waited for a confirmation of price action trend, before entering the trade. The first three green candles at the start of the day had already cut the upper BB line, followed by a red candle and subsequently the EMA-2-high returned into the BB band. The MACD was slowing down and the RSI was heading downward....everything showing a clear downtrend.

I waited for the price to cut the centerline of the BB band before taking any position. It never did, it dropped a little then started an uptrend again making a higher high and a higher low. At this point the NIFTY was also going sideways....

I took a long position at 123.50, ignoring the MACD, happy with the RSI movement and Columbus's BB band method. My stop loss was 123, which was the low of the green candle before this.....

2) The price action cut the upper BB line, signalling my exit, at 125.50 with a 4% profit. The RSI had also peaked and gone above 80, with no clear signal from the MACD. Given that two indicators signalled an exit, the RSI and BB band, i exited the long position.

This price action was well against the NIFTY trend, which does not happen too often. I was not looking to take a short position in BHEL, if the opportunity arose or another long position.

2)-3): Between these points, the price initially moved up, then started going down. No clear indication which direction it was heading. The MACD did a crossover twice in a short period, which was very confusing. The RSI was showing a clear downtrend, but that is EOD, in the live trade it was acting funny.:mad:

One indication of a downtrend was when the price hit 125.45 three times and did not break it, as shown by the bracket. The next candle, after the bracket, broke the center BB line, indicating that the price might be going down.

3) This candle had opened below the BB centerline, the MACD and RSI also at this stage were indicating a downtrend, nice entry point for a short position.
Took a short position at 124.50 with a stop loss at 125.45.

I was looking for a target of 119 to square off.....with trailing stop losses at 124, 123, 122 as shown by the red lines.

3)-4): The price action broke the bottom BB line many times, but with the NIFTY dropping, I was confident that BHEL wasnt going anywhere. Also, the price was contained between the two lower BB band lines, keeping it safe and cozy on its downward trend.
There was a mild scare towards the end when the price broke the center BB line. By then I did not care even if it hit my stop loss, since I would have come out with at least 5%~7% profit anyway.

4) I always get a little panicky near 15:00, cos the price is capable of doing funny things near the closing time. Whatever the position, I always look to square off and get out before 15:00 and close all open positions.

The price action went as low as 119.10 and it was nearly 15:00. I could have waited and it would have hit my target of 119 for sure, but I chickened out and exited the position at 119.50....with a profit of 10%.

Buy Entry: 123.50
Stop Loss: 123
Buy Exit: 125.50

Sell Entry Point: 124.50
Stop Loss: 125.45
T/L SL: 124, 123, 122,
Sell Exit: 119.50

As always, the BB band theory worked like a charm. :thumb:

P.S: Last few weeks were crazy busy. Will have more time now for these posts and analysis :clap:

Easy sailing today, with the market going in one direction. Sat on BHEL again, beginning to get very attached to this equity :hug:

Entered in at 122 and stayed in until noon, when I exited at 128 with a profit of roughly 20%. Again, ignored the RSI and MACD indicators and depended solely on the BB band theory to identify the rangebound uptrend. BHEL was neatly sandwiched between the two Upper BB bands.....not even touching the BB center line....thats just perfect WOW...:thanx:

Was looking at WIPRO as well, cos it was doing funny things. It was dropping and looking very weak even when the NIFTY was looking healthy. A small drop in NIFTY, translated to a quick large drop in Wipro prices. I figured with the rupee taking a beating, IT stocks would be strong.....hmm...:confused:

Now for a yummy lunch and a long siesta :rofl:

Great trading day ending with 20% profit at around 11 am. Entered tata Motors at 330 and rode it all the way until 342, where I made my exit. For some reason, the price action in this equity was very strong today....it seemed oblivious to the small down movements by the NIFTY and just continued going up...

similarly for ITC as well...was another good pick today o/

Even though NIFTY gained 200 points, there are multiple equities that fall under NR7 and NR21 category. Pretty sure these equities will react tomorrow, specially if there is a correction and the NIFTY goes down a bit....