Hurry!!! Time machine called Jio-Fi only for Rs. 999/-

Krushna

Cant tell you how happy I was 10 days ago when I pulled out the ethernet cable that connected the BSNL modem in one room to my laptop in the other room. Thought finally this clutter of wires on my desk will be lesser now. Had decided to be a part of the digital revolution brought in by India's richest man. Little did I know that its going to put a brake on my trading activities as it is going to work as a time machine and going to take me back to the dial-up days. Most of the times it is less than 1 Mbps. Isnt there any definition of 4G which specifies a "Minimum" speed that should be available to qualify a network as 4G? We are not teenagers watching youtube videos but someone doing some important work and now I feel like I am stranded on an island ... alone. BSNL service was way better than this. Only issue was disconnection during power cuts and 1-2 times disconnection from their end for no reason, but was better than what jio is giving. I dont need even 10 Mbps just 2-3 Mbps but with no fluctuations. Now I am worried with such internet service, how am I going to continue with my trading activities? BSNL will be dead in some time and when I enquired about dongle of idea, I was told that we dont get them anymore as there isnt much sale, and at last all we would have is Jio with its fluctuations. I know there are people who are trading using Jio, but seems I am the unlucky one. I live in a rural area and chances of getting some wired broadband service here are also non existent.

Cant tell you how happy I was 10 days ago when I pulled out the ethernet cable that connected the BSNL modem in one room to my laptop in the other room. Thought finally this clutter of wires on my desk will be lesser now. Had decided to be a part of the digital revolution brought in by India's richest man. Little did I know that its going to put a brake on my trading activities as it is going to work as a time machine and going to take me back to the dial-up days. Most of the times it is less than 1 Mbps. Isnt there any definition of 4G which specifies a "Minimum" speed that should be available to qualify a network as 4G? We are not teenagers watching youtube videos but someone doing some important work and now I feel like I am stranded on an island ... alone. BSNL service was way better than this. Only issue was disconnection during power cuts and 1-2 times disconnection from their end for no reason, but was better than what jio is giving. I dont need even 10 Mbps just 2-3 Mbps but with no fluctuations. Now I am worried with such internet service, how am I going to continue with my trading activities? BSNL will be dead in some time and when I enquired about dongle of idea, I was told that we dont get them anymore as there isnt much sale, and at last all we would have is Jio with its fluctuations. I know there are people who are trading using Jio, but seems I am the unlucky one. I live in a rural area and chances of getting some wired broadband service here are also non existent.
Don't know where you are located, but here's my situation.

I am using Airtel hotspot as my primary, and JioFi2 as backup. Airtel is a steady connection both in Delhi and Surat. Jio is superb in Surat but not steady in Delhi.

You can check the quality of connection using the ping command. It was discussed in detail in "Day Traders' Lounge" thread.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-traders-lounge.98792/page-489#post-1289330

I was getting very good speed from Jiofi. But recently (since a month or so) their service has deteriorated a lot. It was learnt that they have reduced number of towers in the area and so the service. Though there is no problem in trading activity but finding difficult for other activities.

May go for Airtel HotSpot from next month.

Satya.

and at last all we would have is Jio with its fluctuations. I know there are people who are trading using Jio, but seems I am the unlucky one. I live in a rural area and chances of getting some wired broadband service here are also non existent.
i m 2 frm a vry remote rural area @Krushna i evn face load shading,so u r nt alone stranded on island
dat jio-fi is 999+activation charges=1500rs

Jio doesnt wrk well in my area,it drops miserably..so i m using nly option available i.e, airtel
airtel suffle btw 3g n 2g,so wht is 4G?? i dnt knw :rage: who's ambani? i dnt knw :rage:

Krushna

My ping statistics are:
Loss = 0%
time minimum = 53 ms, maximum = 205 ms, average = 95 ms.

What should be the average time for a good connection for trading?
And as for 4G, isnt there a minimum speed limit they should guarantee to be allowed to be called as 4G?

Krushna

wht is 4G?? i dnt knw :rage: who's ambani? i dnt knw :rage:
Until I took jiofi, whenever I used to see Ambani on TV or in newspaper, I used to think that he has brought in the digital revolution. But now.....
And I also used to think that idea, vodafone, airtel etc. were cheating us by overpricing the data. But now I am ready to 300 per GB for a steady connection that I was getting in the pre-jio days with idea 3G dongle.

Krushna

http://www.newindianexpress.com/bus...rnet-speeds-of-telecom-companies-1797158.html

When will this happen?

"NEW DELHI: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will soon release a consultation paper on minimum Internet speed offered by telecom operators. “If a company is claiming that they have a minimum or average Internet speed, then people should know what it is. At present, they are unwilling to tell their minimum speed. We are going to publish a report on this very soon and give our recommendation,” R S Sharma, chairman of TRAI, said. "

https://indianexpress.com/article/t...mer-organisation-to-seek-trai-action-5018815/

"A consumer awareness organisation, Voice, demanded that telecom regulator TRAI mandate every operator to have minimum average speed that they should deliver 95 per cent of the time during billing cycle. "

So at least someone is doing something.

In your area there will be signle issue so you can purchase the universal dongle mifi which has the antenna connection so you can installed antenna for better signal and try with Airtel, Vodafone or idea, I am using the jio fi /LYF mobile from only sep 2016 no other connection but I am getting the speed of 23 mbps to 1mbps,there want be any problem
One trick you can do on jio fi set the TDD band 40 Manually you can get more speed ( check on internet).
Other solution you can check near by town for the service provider of idea or Vodafone wired connection through a special antenna installed in your house and from there they provide the high speed wired internet connection