Hugs from Heaven

sh50, 4candles, Roneeth..., where are you all? Keep your posts coming in please. Trading is not all in life, or in death for that matter. While on the latter subject (a reality, like it or not), I've something to share with all. May help us to bear the loss of a near-and-dear one or a pet when it does come about. Nothing morbid or morose about this post, just plain & simple down-to-earth reality.

QUOTE:

One of the saddest sights Ive seen is when a loved one is carried out of his or her home, cold and lifeless. Tears flow and sobs rack the air as the body is placed in coffin or funeral bier and taken to crematorium or cemetery.

Death is inevitable and nobody can escape this route out of life. We grieve for loved one for days on end and sometimes the ache and sadness never leaves us; it is there forever. I read this beautiful poem the other day and thought it would be balm to many people who miss a loved one sorely:

When you feel a gentle breeze
Caress you when you sigh
It's a hug sent from Heaven
From a loved one way up high.

If a soft and tender raindrop
Lands upon your nose
They've added a small kiss
As fragile as a rose.

If a song you hear fills you
With a feeling of sweet love
From someone special up above.

If you awaken in the morning
To a bluebird's chirping song
It's music sent from Heaven
To cheer you all day long.

If tiny little snowflakes
Land upon your face
Trimmed with Angel lace.

So keep the joy in your heart
If you're lonely my dear friend
Hugs that are sent from Heaven
A broken heart will mend!

Arent they lovely lines?

When my father passed away, my brother spoke at the funeral and his words gave me much comfort; I wish to share them with you: Imagine, he said, a ship leaving the harbour full of people. At the quay, hundreds of friends and relatives have come to wish them goodbye and the ship sails away to tearful farewells. It becomes smaller and smaller and finally disappears.

But somewhere across the ocean, another crowd stands at another harbour waiting for the same ship to arrive and as they see the same boat coming closer, there are smiles on their faces and soon hugs and embraces of joy are exchanged with the newly arrived loved ones.

So it is with our loved ones; they have left us but have been welcomed into new homes and are happy and joyous where they are now.

Is there any need to weep for them?

.. UNQUOTE

Hello Jaideep!

Very touching my friend....thanks for the balm .

Actually my toddlers are down with flu was busy administering paracetamol and antibiotics...I am very much here.Try not to miss a single post.

Have a nice weekend

Regards

Roneeth

jaideep said:
QUOTE:

One of the saddest sights Ive seen is when a loved one is carried out of his or her home, cold and lifeless. Tears flow and sobs rack the air as the body is placed in coffin or funeral bier and taken to crematorium or cemetery.

Death is inevitable and nobody can escape this route out of life. We grieve for loved one for days on end and sometimes the ache and sadness never leaves us; it is there forever. I read this beautiful poem the other day and thought it would be balm to many people who miss a loved one sorely:

When you feel a gentle breeze
Caress you when you sigh
From a loved one way up high.

If a soft and tender raindrop
Lands upon your nose
They've added a small kiss
As fragile as a rose.

If a song you hear fills you
With a feeling of sweet love
From someone special up above.

If you awaken in the morning
To a bluebird's chirping song
It's music sent from Heaven
To cheer you all day long.

If tiny little snowflakes
Land upon your face
Trimmed with Angel lace.

So keep the joy in your heart
If you're lonely my dear friend
Hugs that are sent from Heaven
A broken heart will mend!

Arent they lovely lines?

When my father passed away, my brother spoke at the funeral and his words gave me much comfort; I wish to share them with you: Imagine, he said, a ship leaving the harbour full of people. At the quay, hundreds of friends and relatives have come to wish them goodbye and the ship sails away to tearful farewells. It becomes smaller and smaller and finally disappears.

But somewhere across the ocean, another crowd stands at another harbour waiting for the same ship to arrive and as they see the same boat coming closer, there are smiles on their faces and soon hugs and embraces of joy are exchanged with the newly arrived loved ones.

So it is with our loved ones; they have left us but have been welcomed into new homes and are happy and joyous where they are now.

Is there any need to weep for them?

.. UNQUOTE
Most welcome post my friend. Its touching and inspiring.

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive." - Robert Heinlein,

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

sh50

Great verses, Jaideep. Death can indeed be very impactful. I don't have any answer to your classy verses on such an issue.

nkpanjiyar said:
Most welcome post my friend. Its touching and inspiring.

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive." - Robert Heinlein,

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Apologies to Robert Heinlein, should that read "The supreme irony of life is that NO ONE gets out of it alive" ? ;) :)

Hi Jaideep,
Great verses indeed ---from an equally great personality-----As I have already experienced---the depart of my father from this material world(about 10 yrs ago) this poem becomes more touching for me-----

Hi sh50----Glad to see ur posting after a long time----This pujas ---I will be making a trip to--Haridwar---Rishikesh---My return ticket to Kolkata is from Delhi----If time permits---I would like to meet u--let me know ur mail id:plz(if u dont mind---)

Regards,
joy_mitali

Very touching lines,Jaideep.....Like Joy had said,great stuff from a very great person!!

Thank you!

Saint