how trading business is different from other business

looser89

In this forum some traders have other business also please shares your view how trading business is different from other business ?. why it is difficult to earn in trading business?

1. in trading business value of stock start decreasing in next second whereas in other business value remain same so you have time to sell it with profit

Tamil trader

No Worries about employees

No Monthly Current Expenses like rent, electric charges, staff salary, etc

All money can be used cumulatively in this business. in other business you cannot utilize all the money.

Monthly returns are more than high comparing to other business

In this forum some traders have other business also please shares your view how trading business is different from other business ?. why it is difficult to earn in trading business?

1. in trading business value of stock start decreasing in next second whereas in other business value remain same so you have time to sell it with profit
What separates Trading from other businesses? :D Here is what i believe:

1. To be successful in other business you have to be right most of the time in making your decisions. Else you go bust!

2. Whereas, to be successful in trading, you don't have to be right most of the time. You can win even by being wrong most of the time.:thumb:

Why is it difficult for majority to earn in trading business?:D
The answer lies above! Majority of crowd concentrates on being right(as that is what they believe is needed to be successful like in other business.) and end up in vein.

Thanks.:)
Phantom.

looser89

What separates Trading from other businesses? :D Here is what i believe:

1. To be successful in other business you have to be right most of the time in making your decisions. Else you go bust!

2. Whereas, to be successful in trading, you don't have to be right most of the time. You can win even by being wrong most of the time.:thumb:

Why is it difficult for majority to earn in trading business?:D
The answer lies above! Majority of crowd concentrates on being right(as that is what they believe is needed to be successful like in other business.) and end up in vein.

Phantom.
then why person successful in other business cannot earn money from trading business

then why person successful in other business cannot earn money from trading business
Because his beliefs are that to be successful you need to be right(this belief has evolved from the other business, he is successful in).
But that is not true when it comes to trading. The person just concentrates on being right even in trading(as this is what he thinks is needed to be successful) and when losses(which is part of trading and can't be prevented) occur he can't handle that mental pain as he has associated losing with being wrong and, being wrong is associated with failure.

My friend, while trading you don't trade your money, what you actually trade is other trader's beliefs on where the prices are heading in near future.:thumb:

Phantom.

No Worries about employees

No Monthly Current Expenses like rent, electric charges, staff salary, etc

All money can be used cumulatively in this business. in other business you cannot utilize all the money.

Monthly returns are more than high comparing to other business
The key difference is the Risk factor which I think is biggest miss in the above post. Monthly/Daily/Annual returns can be negative whereas in other most of business normal returns are positive.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
in trading business jo dikhta hai wo bikta nahi hai, jo bikta hai wo dikhta nahi hai, too much confusion :confused:

looser89

is trading business is the toughest business in this world ?. it has least successful ratio as compare to other business. in other business most are making profit difference is only profit size but in trading business most are lossing money and very few people earn.

smartcat

I've been an investor (in the stock market) for 11 years, a "businessman" for 9 years, and a trader for 2 years. This is what I feel:

It's a myth that trading is a "tough" business. The truth is that all businesses are tough, and trading is just one such business. Let's say you are a software engineer. If you have Rs. 20 Lacs capital, do you think you will be successful in starting and running a restaurant successfully?

Absolutely not.

You will be successful only if you have the skill, will, common sense and capital to run a restaurant.

Similar is the case with trading. Not everybody can be a successful trader. Just like how not everybody can be successful in running a restaurant, hospital, bakery, clothes shop, grocery store, software company, web design company etc.

The failure rate in trading will be almost EQUAL to the failure rate in any other business.

whisky

I've been an investor (in the stock market) for 11 years, a "businessman" for 9 years, and a trader for 2 years. This is what I feel:

It's a myth that trading is a "tough" business. The truth is that all businesses are tough, and trading is just one such business. Let's say you are a software engineer. If you have Rs. 20 Lacs capital, do you think you will be successful in starting and running a restaurant successfully?

Absolutely not.

You will be successful only if you have the skill, will, common sense and capital to run a restaurant.

Similar is the case with trading. Not everybody can be a successful trader. Just like how not everybody can be successful in running a restaurant, hospital, bakery, clothes shop, grocery store, software company, web design company etc.

The failure rate in trading will be almost EQUAL to the failure rate in any other business.
Well said but disagree on point highlighted in blue.