How to use CAR battery for running PC

columbus

Re: INSPIRON -DELL Laptop

Look like the battery is almost worn out. Is it 1520 model? Try to remove the battery and then again restore it after 5 min. Maybe, there is some loose connection or power leakage. Check manual for how to remove/replace battery. Usually lap battery lasts at least 4-5 years under normal condition. Don't discharge the battery to 0%.
Thanks .It is INSPIRON-B130 model.I will do it .

Ordinary home inverter electricity can be used for PC and laptops.... It works fine as i experienced.

SamFisher

Ordinary home inverter electricity can be used for PC and laptops.... It works fine as i experienced.
What I understand is .... You are not supposed to use home inverters for computers, as the invertors produce the square waves, which generally treaded as not good for delicate electronics. You might have seen the fan motors etc vibrating with the normal inverter. But you could use the sine wave producing invertors such as Sukam invertors specifically made for delicate electronic instruments. I have been using it and its good so far. Also with laptops you might not see the time delay affect on the normal invertors since laptops have built in batteries, but with the desktops definitely the computer with restart when the power goes off and inverter kicks in.

myvineet

I use su-kam invertor with exide tubular battery for power back up but it lasts only 1 hour & power cuts are around 3-4 hours .what should i do ? add another battery or buy new laptop ..

thanx

vineet

SamFisher

I use su-kam invertor with exide tubular battery for power back up but it lasts only 1 hour & power cuts are around 3-4 hours .what should i do ? add another battery or buy new laptop ..

thanx

vineet
I have the sukam invertor 1400VA/24V and I am able to use my computers even up to 8 hours of use. But when ever power goes off I switch over to my laptop to conserve power.
Purchased about 2 years back at arround 24K. Now the prices must have gone up.

samfisher.....
I have a doubt pls help me ...thanks in advance....

whenever there is a power failure and we have to use back up power ( car battery etc) then in order to see that other electrcals gadgets like light fan etc do not use the back up power and only the PC and the internet routers use the power ie only the trading system uses the power backup .....what should we do....shaould we manually switch off other gadgets....pls help me out.,....what have u done....how have u fitted the back up such that only ur trading ssystem uses power.....pls help
thanks in advance...

SamFisher

samfisher.....
I have a doubt pls help me ...thanks in advance....

whenever there is a power failure and we have to use back up power ( car battery etc) then in order to see that other electrcals gadgets like light fan etc do not use the back up power and only the PC and the internet routers use the power ie only the trading system uses the power backup .....what should we do....shaould we manually switch off other gadgets....pls help me out.,....what have u done....how have u fitted the back up such that only ur trading ssystem uses power.....pls help
thanks in advance...
Hi trader31339,
I have sukam inverter and it is pure sine wave UPS/Inverter with 2 batteries. I have full home electrical on line with this inverter (except the heavy electrical lines serving fridge, washing mc, microwave and AC). So I usually do not switch off anything, since problem is during trading hours and we have sometimes power cut full day (10 hrs). When I know about it I minimize the use of fans, lights, TV etc. other than that equipments such as cordless phones are always on. Since my inverter has higher capacity (1400VA/24V) this setting is ok. If you have lower capacity I think better to prepare a dedicated line for your pc+router+modem and keep that line on the inverter. But then you will not be able to use inverter current for your home use. But a good electrician should be able to setup some kind of switch to switch between two setups. But you will need to do that manually.

SAM,
Thanks for your support.
SAM SAID :Since my inverter has higher capacity (1400VA/24V) this setting is ok. If you have lower capacity I think better to prepare a dedicated line for your pc+router+modem and keep that line on the inverter.

I did not understood :-( Please explain what do you mean by dedicated line...a detailed explanation will be helpful.....BTW I want to connect only my trading system on power backup not full house applicances.....
Please tell me whenever ur power if off u are auto connected by inverter ....and is there any need to retsrat ur PC ??

L

learn2trade08

dear trader...
I recently had a guy hook up a lorry battery with inverter and the the power supply is uninterupted,no restart needed or anything works like a normal ups...
backup is approx 14 hrs,i have tested this on my desktop and modem....cost was 16k,2 years service and infact i know a guy who has been using the same for almost 2 years without any issues...

hope this helps

columbus

Thanks .It is INSPIRON-B130 model.I will do it .

xtalk/Smart-trade,

Removing battery and restoring it ,did not solve my problem.Battery is DELL TD6126 (INSPIRON-B130 model) of sanyo make.Please let me know he much it costs here.Before that I want to see some Laptop's serviceman.