How to use CAR battery for running PC

xtalk

Re: INSPIRON -DELL Laptop

xtalk/Smart-trade,

Removing battery and restoring it ,did not solve my problem.Battery is DELL TD6126 (INSPIRON-B130 model) of sanyo make.Please let me know he much it costs here.Before that I want to see some Laptop's serviceman.
First call 1800- 425- 4026 Toll Free or Call 080-2506-8026 DELL India to know their price. Battery may cost close to Rs.4000-5500 in local market.

SamFisher

Dedicated line, what I meant was, just like how you would have used Small UPS(Ready made available) system which just backup power to the PC. Basically it is just plugged in to the power outlet, output from the device is fed to the PC+Router+Modem etc. If you contact any UPS/Inverter service provider they will be able to help you. But I strongly advice to use Pure-Sine wave inverters.(That is what has been used for delicated medical instruments etc at hospitals etc)

SAM,
Thanks for your support.
SAM SAID :Since my inverter has higher capacity (1400VA/24V) this setting is ok. If you have lower capacity I think better to prepare a dedicated line for your pc+router+modem and keep that line on the inverter.

I did not understood :-( Please explain what do you mean by dedicated line...a detailed explanation will be helpful.....BTW I want to connect only my trading system on power backup not full house applicances.....
Please tell me whenever ur power if off u are auto connected by inverter ....and is there any need to retsrat ur PC ??

SAM .....sorry to ping you once again.....

SAM OK I will use pure sine wave inverter....now please tell me how should I connect the trading system to pure sine wave inverter......such that only my trading system is connected to power back up and no other electrical gadgets uses this back up power....also pls tell the cost involved for total setup.

also pls tell me whil the PC reboot whenever there is power failure

Last edited:

SamFisher

SAM .....sorry to ping you once again.....

SAM OK I will use pure sine wave inverter....now please tell me how should I connect the trading system to pure sine wave inverter......such that only my trading system is connected to power back up and no other electrical gadgets uses this back up power....also pls tell the cost involved for total setup.

also pls tell me whil the PC reboot whenever there is power failure
Using the UPS/Inverter PC SHOULD NOT reboot, that is the primary idea to have UPS along with power backup.

Regarding the connection and cost, I think contact the dealer near by you town

http: // www.su-kam.com/locations-new.html

HTH

TFL

Can automobile batteries be used with UPS systems?
While it is possible to use automobile batteries with any UPS system, it is not prudent to do so for anything other than emergencies. Automobile batteries have thin plates, and therefore have very short lives when maintained on a continuous float charge (normal operation in UPS systems). This makes them unreliable. Since the whole point of buying a UPS system is to guarantee reliable power to critical equipment, it doesn't make sense to put an unreliable battery into the system.

Can a car battery be used in an Inverter also?
A car's battery is designed to provide a very large amount of current for a short period of time. This surge of current is needed to turn the engine over during starting. However, the battery, used in an Inverter, is designed to provide a steady amount of current over a long period of time.

Source: su kam
Haribird.

TFL

I have ups that gives me 15 min of power backup, can use any Inverter with that or i have to use only sine wave Inverter????????
Dear KILLERDON99,

Its is not advisable to use a UPS after an inverter.
Also its is not advisable to use non-sinewave inverters for computer systems.

The recommended method is to use connect the computer system directly to a Sine Wave Inverter or Sine Wave UPS. You can easily buy it from a good company. If you need more backup time, use batteries of more Ah rating.

Haribird.