How to use 2 USB Dongles on one PC ??

Hey guys,

I am running Reliance Netconnect 3 on one PC (Win7 ultimate). Today I tried to connect an MTS mblaze dongle to it, but the system wouldn't recognize it. It kept on bringing up the Reliance connection window. (Let's say this is PC 1)

Then I tried another thing. I installed the MTS dongle on another PC (let's say PC 2), it worked like a charm. No problem. But when I inserted the Reliance dongle in it, the system did not recognize the dongle !!!!!!!!!

So, it seems that once an ISP's dongle is installed on a PC, it creates a USB modem and that kind of stays fixed. Inserting another ISP's dongle triggers app.exe and brings up the original installation's dialogue.

All this means the PC getting married to one ISP. I don't want that. I want the PC to have multiple ISPs.

Thanks in advance (my Reliance is almost out of balance and I don't want to change the scheme, I want to use the backup ISP).

shirajroz

Hey guys,

I am running Reliance Netconnect 3 on one PC (Win7 ultimate). Today I tried to connect an MTS mblaze dongle to it, but the system wouldn't recognize it. It kept on bringing up the Reliance connection window. (Let's say this is PC 1)

Then I tried another thing. I installed the MTS dongle on another PC (let's say PC 2), it worked like a charm. No problem. But when I inserted the Reliance dongle in it, the system did not recognize the dongle !!!!!!!!!

So, it seems that once an ISP's dongle is installed on a PC, it creates a USB modem and that kind of stays fixed. Inserting another ISP's dongle triggers app.exe and brings up the original installation's dialogue.

All this means the PC getting married to one ISP. I don't want that. I want the PC to have multiple ISPs.

Thanks in advance (my Reliance is almost out of balance and I don't want to change the scheme, I want to use the backup ISP).
TP bro,
Pls try a free S/W
http://net-profiles.software.informer.com/2.1/
NOT exactly what u r looking for but u can use it for quick switch of network.

Thank u n Rgrds

....Shiraj.....

boarders

if you remove reliance netconn dongle then the mts will start working. this is because in win 7 the internet connection will be default and unless the first one is removed or switched off only then the second one is recognized and starts working

if you remove reliance netconn dongle then the mts will start working. this is because in win 7 the internet connection will be default and unless the first one is removed or switched off only then the second one is recognized and starts working
Tried that, boss. Doesn't work. Removed the dongle, ran ccleaner, rebooted, but when I insert MTS dongle, it brings up the Reliance dialler only. If I uninstall the Reliance 3 from the control panel, and reboot, then it recognizes the MTS dongle.

Let you try this one
Open device and printer, and see whether MTS device is being read by it or not.
If yes then close Reliance connect by right click on Reliance icon and then right click on MTS icon and connect it
Hope this will work

Another way
See whether MTS (MBlaze, MBlaze Ultra or whatever scheme you have chosen) has been properly installed in program files or not. Click MBlaze icon and proceed/connect.

But it is suggested not to connect two dongles at the same time.

comm4300

Tried that, boss. Doesn't work. Removed the dongle, ran ccleaner, rebooted, but when I insert MTS dongle, it brings up the Reliance dialler only. If I uninstall the Reliance 3 from the control panel, and reboot, then it recognizes the MTS dongle.
If you have more than one USB port, try the one not used by reliance dongle. wait for a couple of minutes...windows will display a message saying "installing device driver...." and then finally " your drive is ready for use"

Else,
pl try browsing manually to MTS dongle and click on autorun if you see one. This should install the MTS dialer on the system.

Having multiple dialers (from multiple operators) is not an issue at all.

Let you try this one
Open device and printer, and see whether MTS device is being read by it or not.
If yes then close Reliance connect by right click on Reliance icon and then right click on MTS icon and connect it
Hope this will work

Another way
See whether MTS (MBlaze, MBlaze Ultra or whatever scheme you have chosen) has been properly installed in program files or not. Click MBlaze icon and proceed/connect.

But it is suggested not to connect two dongles at the same time.
If you have more than one USB port, try the one not used by reliance dongle. wait for a couple of minutes...windows will display a message saying "installing device driver...." and then finally " your drive is ready for use"

Else,
pl try browsing manually to MTS dongle and click on autorun if you see one. This should install the MTS dialer on the system.

Having multiple dialers (from multiple operators) is not an issue at all.
Here is the thing, guys, if one dialer is installed, and if you plug in the dongle of another company, the system will simply not recognize it !!! It will show "your device is ready to use", but not show it in "My Computer" at all. So it is not possible to even browse the dongle. The same dongle will work ok in another computer which does not have a dialer installed.

This was a googly which I was not prepared for, with all my experience in computers and all.

1) With my configuration (i.e. AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, win 7 ultimate), the conclusion seems to be that you can install only one dialer at a time. It will install two things in the "devices" list i.e. a) a windows phone, b) a USB modem.

2) If I want to use another ISP's dialer, I will have to uninstall the first ISP, clear out the history, reboot, and then install the other ISP.

If you guys (those who are using a dongle) happen to have a friend using a different ISP's dongle, try it and let us know the results (and your configuration too).

Another thing, Reliance and MTS seem to have very similar software, for the dialer and the installed files. It is as if they have bought from the same vendor/software developer (ZTE Ltd?).

LivetoTrade

Just a few suggestions, not sure if it can be handled technically -

Option A :
Connect both the Data Cards to a Router, and choose either of them from computer, at will, via wifi.

Option B :
Instead of USB datacard, buy a dual sim phone, and connect to internet via wifi.

Option C :
Use a Mifi router, dual sim if available.

mastermind007

Yes... I too was trapped into this mess for about a year.

I had used Vodafone dongle for the first time... After that I've tried Airtel, Idea, MTS, TataDocomo and none of remaining ISPs worked on the machine.

After countless hours of registry cleaning, I did get rid of Vodafone from laptop completely and gotten Airtel to work, but remaining competitor dongles have never worked thus far.

While it is very tempting to blame the ISP, truth of the matter is that most of this ISPs purchase dongles from Huawei or some such alien company. So, either Huawei is releasing malware on your PC deliberately or has sub-standard testing. About 95% of the so-called technicians at this ISPs are glorified salesmen and have no technical knowledge beyond installation and healthy dosages of "reformat everything" advice.

What I've discovered is that most of the dongles create two things upon installation

ONE) A device-driver (set themselves up as default) and
TWO) An automatically executing service

Even when you have no dongle connected, Service is up and running in the memory and this effectively acts as a block to the port. Sometimes disabling the service from the control panel works... sometimes it has no effect...

Registry in windows is way too convoluted in its design and has hierarchy of tree and not recommended to tinker but in theory if you can figure out its layout, you can remove all the junk manually and have no problems.

Last edited: