How to trade with an oscillator

Posting 10 min Nifty Futures chart....

Note how the stochastics indicator was staying over 80 area yesterday and today for much more than 5 bars...indicating markets will go much higher ,this was a very strong buy in every dip yesterday and today...and NF eventually blasted ....it pays to listen to what mkt is telling us...

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade
Hi sir,
Just started trading and was going through your thread to learn the intricacies of oscillators. However on this particular post I couldn't see the chart. If you do have the chart by any chance of another similar example, it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Oscillators such as Stochastics,RSI,ROC are important tools in the hands of a trader trading on technical analysis. But oscillators are generally used in a wrong way and the common reaction of traders is to sell if the oscillator goes into overbought zone and buy once it moves in oversold zone.

The above is too simplistic way of trading with an oscillator....here we will discuss some nonconventional ways.....

Best wishes for the " Oscillating Roller Coaster Journey"

Smart_trade

Do not trade with any indicator if you are trading with the indicator that means you are gambling, trade only with price and volume. indicator don't have that sense to analysis price action.

Many have made pdfs of the thread...someone will post. Else I will look up on my old computers and hard drives if I find it.

From the indicators move over to pure price action based trading.....

Smart_trade

Many have made pdfs of the thread...someone will post. Else I will look up on my old computers and hard drives if I find it.

From the indicators move over to pure price action based trading.....

Smart_trade
Dear ST,

Are you saying you have moved over to pure price action or suggesting others to move to price action. i have started reading YTC,so curious on path to follow.

Yes..I have moved on to pure price action long back. These days I dont use oscillators for entering the trade. I use them sometimes as supporting thing for booking profits....for profit booking you can take help of Market Profile too.....

I too tried YTC,Al Brookes but could not make much progress with it ,my shortcoming I am sure...I trade a fully mechanical method which is based on structural pivots.I am using this method for last many years without any change in it as I am happy and comfortable trading it.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Yes..I have moved on to pure price action long back. These days I dont use oscillators for entering the trade. I use them sometimes as supporting thing for booking profits....for profit booking you can take help of Market Profile too.....

I too tried YTC,Al Brookes but could not make much progress with it ,my shortcoming I am sure...I trade a fully mechanical method which is based on structural pivots.I am using this method for last many years without any change in it as I am happy and comfortable trading it.

Smart_trade
Dear ST Da
Could you please put some light on How do you make structural pivot fully mechanical.? Can you please tell some concepts which you have been keep using & which is mechanical & profitable? It will be helpful for me.
If you can suggest some setups which can be use mechanically in entry & exit, I will be highly greatful to you.
Thanks