How to trade this spread in options? Help needed.

I have developed one strategy based on technical indicators. success rate of this strategy is 70%. Sometimes I get profit sometime I get trapped in losing position due to time decay.

I am providing example -: Suppose trading signal arrived at price 277 for ICICIbank. Now my trading strategy suggest that price will either move to 267 and then to 287 or viceversa.

This signal came on 31-03-2017 for icicibank at 277 then it moved upto 286 and today it moved again to 277. And it may move to 267. Fortunately I was able to profit from this moves this time. I bought call of 275 and when price reached 285 I closed this position and bought put of 270. This was bit risky.

How can I trade this when I know the price range say from 267 to 287 but not the direction.

biggles

you could consider entering in the trade at the two levels that you know.

Wait patiently.....if your trade setup is all that its cracked up to be, the levels will be achieved :)

travi

I have developed one strategy based on technical indicators. success rate of this strategy is 70%. Sometimes I get profit sometime I get trapped in losing position due to time decay.

I am providing example -: Suppose trading signal arrived at price 277 for ICICIbank. Now my trading strategy suggest that price will either move to 267 and then to 287 or viceversa.

This signal came on 31-03-2017 for icicibank at 277 then it moved upto 286 and today it moved again to 277. And it may move to 267. Fortunately I was able to profit from this moves this time. I bought call of 275 and when price reached 285 I closed this position and bought put of 270. This was bit risky.

How can I trade this when I know the price range say from 267 to 287 but not the direction.
If you are sure of the range, then you can sell both extreme strikes.
Given that it stays within the range, you'll be able to profit from entire premium of both sides on expiry.