How to stop repeating same mistakes again and again?

against_tides

Make Excel sheet with points. Record trade log with reason and read it daily without fail.
I am doing the same mistake but reducing the frequency of letharginess and hence reducing loss..
The more you will read your trade log and instructions the lesser mistakes you will make

Hi, I have been trading for a yr now. Sometimes i end up repeating same mistakes i did in the past. i'm following my discipline for few trades. But after that i'm become lathargic and enter the trade eventhough some of my key factors are not in the trade? How to rectify these mistakes?
Well, you will improve on your mistakes with practice, this happens with everyone. Don’t be tensed about it. If you tend to make same mistakes repeatedly, it means that somewhere you become quite excited or impatient while trading and you do not have control over your emotions. Also, laziness has no place here, work on that.

stoch

Make Excel sheet with points. Record trade log with reason and read it daily without fail.
I am doing the same mistake but reducing the frequency of letharginess and hence reducing loss..
The more you will read your trade log and instructions the lesser mistakes you will make
Why I need to read my trading logs? It really doesn't make sense because separate trades don't allow to make conclusion about your mistakes. I would rather rely on statistical methods or financial criteria like Sharpe ratio or data science tools to get mathematical interpretation of our trading activity.

against_tides

Why I need to read my trading logs? It really doesn't make sense because separate trades don't allow to make conclusion about your mistakes. I would rather rely on statistical methods or financial criteria like Sharpe ratio or data science tools to get mathematical interpretation of our trading activity.
Logs with reason dear..

Yes, learn where mistakes are from trading logs. No point in further if one don't realize what are the mistakes.
Take time off and come back when learnt and move with new strategy.

To get rid of it, you need to perform a qualitative analysis of the situation, you need to understand why you make mistakes, what prevents you, whether you are in a hurry or not, or if you do not analyze the market properly. Everything is in your hands, and good luck to you, man.

So stop when you know it's going wrong, why test your capital so much if you know it'll lead to loss. Work out a system, like five deals, and then take a break, that should help you...

Everything comes with experience, just give yourself time, it is normal that each of us has our weaknesses, you need to accept them and work as if you have everything under control, and do not be afraid to make a mistake, the market loves the brave and those who just go forward.

MANISH_DAMANI

Control your emotion when same situation come and recall your mistake. Say your heart "abhi nahi sudhrega to kabhi nahi sudhrega." And leave the screen without second thought. Facing the same some time but doing same.