How to Stop JUNK Buy this Buy that SMS ?

suri112000

Getting too many JUNK messages by sms. No sender number, only names. How to STOP these kind of messages . Any idea ?
We cannot as long as dishonest brokers or people who share our numbers with rogue people.

Ignore them if you donot know the source.

Raj232

Getting too many JUNK messages by sms. No sender number, only names. How to STOP these kind of messages . Any idea ?
This is a very relevant issue that is ongoing. Not only myself but many of my colleagues are also receiving such messages (free tips) which are not tips at all.. just pure junk to fool and gullible trader.

I think 1st step is to contact the phone provider (Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance JIO, etc) and ask about who the sender is. The phone service provider can probably raise a complaint against spammers and get their connection disconnected.

This is a very relevant issue that is ongoing. Not only myself but many of my colleagues are also receiving such messages (free tips) which are not tips at all.. just pure junk to fool and gullible trader.

I think 1st step is to contact the phone provider (Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance JIO, etc) and ask about who the sender is. The phone service provider can probably raise a complaint against spammers and get their connection disconnected.
These messages does not have a Sender number, instead they show fake brokerage names like HDFC, EDELWEISS etc

I contacted the customer Service , but they do not have a facility to stop these messages.

Attachments

TraderRavi

low risk profile
me too getting this irritating sh*it from many numbers
brokers sold clients mobile numbers to these spammers/tipsters :annoyed:

Raju

For sms this is difficult to stop.I registered complain again "Hicare" with the Idea , they gave ticket no. and nothing happened.I tried multiple times but it did not work.

For phone call , yes , it is possible .I have installed "mrnumber" app on android, and whenever I receive any unwanted call, I put it in blocked list.This works.

I am continuously trying for app which will block such sms.

Raj232

These messages does not have a Sender number, instead they show fake brokerage names like HDFC, EDELWEISS etc

I contacted the customer Service , but they do not have a facility to stop these messages.
Contact the service provider several times and make a complaint (dont forget to take complaint number). They have the sender's header info of sender, might be the cust service exec is lazy, but the service provider has the ability to take the same up with TRAI, etc.

Maybe also give a try to :
SMS blocker : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smsBlocker
Call and SMS easy blocker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ekaisar.android.eb

Block by number, content, series or Content word (contains ads)

Call and SMS Easy Blocker by KAISARs LAB Communication (contains ads)

Last edited:

Raj232

me too getting this irritating sh*it from many numbers
brokers sold clients mobile numbers to these spammers/tipsters :annoyed:
Not sure if brokers sold the clients numbers, but most brokers have employed part time college students at a low cost. The students also double up as wannabe tipsters by trying to copy some clients winning trades, or try to team up with some tipsters who might approach them for this kind of data.:thumb:

Not sure if brokers sold the clients numbers, but most brokers have employed part time college students at a low cost. The students also double up as wannabe tipsters by trying to copy some clients winning trades, or try to team up with some tipsters who might approach them for this kind of data.:thumb:
This could be the case, insider staff leaking customer data as side business.

Last week I called up a discount broker to close my Dormant trading Account, they agreed to send me the closure form by email.

In the next half hour , I received a call from Mr.Tipster, inquiring How my trading was going on ? Assuming I was closing account because of losses. The Tipster wanted to sell me solution to become profitable.

Customer numbers are passed around very quickly, with customized solution right on time.