how to start algo trading ?

i am totally new for algo trading... how do i start algo trading ? how much capital will i need and which vendors are reliable ?

The best algo traders I've seen are those who have created a lot and a lot of algorithms. Tinkering, trying, failing. These are all things that help you craft your strategies from infancy to possible alpha generating systems.

alroyraj

i am totally new for algo trading... how do i start algo trading ? how much capital will i need and which vendors are reliable ?
We need to have a functioning copy of amibroker plus the robots software and a data feed. Typically gdfl has the robo and requires to subscribe to their data ranging around 1700 monthly. Typically at the very minimum 50k is required for decent returns. There are other people providing the robots plus feed ranging from 3k to 6k per month data plus robo charges. If hosted on vpn sometimes it is included or 1.5k additionally per month. Symphony is for large portfolios has higher maintenance

Hello Bait,

Symphony will provide you lot of flexibility in trading options. You may choose your own AFL, your own Data Vendor and to choose from one among the partner Brokers. Execution Algorithms coupled with triggers from AMI Broker are unique propositions.

Best way to start algo trading is to subscribe with Paper Trading (Virtual Trading) with Symphony at nominal cost so that you can practice Algo Trading without risking your capital and check the Live performance of your AFL with Virtual Exchange.

Regards

vijayanscbe

Hi Friends,

Algo trading or Robo trading in Indian stock market involves some complications like Paid DataFeed, Paid charting software(amibroker) and Paid Execution software (buy/sell). Only trading platform from broker is Free.

Where as in International Forex market (not in Indian forex market), Trading Platform like Metatrader has built-in customizable charting software and Execution Software. Brokers trading software has every thing for free.

where as in India we had to spend at-least 5K/month to do Algo-trading.

OK coming to the final point, Consistent profits in algo trading is possible ????

I WILL SAY BIG NO.

If you dont believe i can give atleast thousands of EA (In Forex World they call ROBO as EA -Expert Adviser) .

Even the Forex World moving to the Artificial Neural Networks. They learnt one thing that simple Mechanical formula wont be successful in all market conditions. So that their Artificial Neural Networks -ROBO will predict the Future candle whether it is going to be GREEN or RED candle ,by processing the large quantities past Candles.

In Indian market algo traders are spending some 5k for Quality Datafeed and execution software, which every trader cant afford and dont know to write AFL , so this all gimiks gives the feeling that Algo trading can make consistent profits.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the human stupidity, and i am not sure about the former - Albert Einstein

jahan

Hi Friends,

Algo trading or Robo trading in Indian stock market involves some complications like Paid DataFeed, Paid charting software(amibroker) and Paid Execution software (buy/sell). Only trading platform from broker is Free.

Where as in International Forex market (not in Indian forex market), Trading Platform like Metatrader has built-in customizable charting software and Execution Software. Brokers trading software has every thing for free.

where as in India we had to spend at-least 5K/month to do Algo-trading.

OK coming to the final point, Consistent profits in algo trading is possible ????

I WILL SAY BIG NO.

If you dont believe i can give atleast thousands of EA (In Forex World they call ROBO as EA -Expert Adviser) .

Even the Forex World moving to the Artificial Neural Networks. They learnt one thing that simple Mechanical formula wont be successful in all market conditions. So that their Artificial Neural Networks -ROBO will predict the Future candle whether it is going to be GREEN or RED candle ,by processing the large quantities past Candles.

In Indian market algo traders are spending some 5k for Quality Datafeed and execution software, which every trader cant afford and dont know to write AFL , so this all gimiks gives the feeling that Algo trading can make consistent profits.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the human stupidity, and i am not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Hello,

absolutely....correct.
i agree with most of ur points...regarding indian conditions...
when i said this point....people/members here in traderji say that "we indian devolpe/code/program the strategies for FII's and foreign traders"..they don't know the basic problems we are facing here in india.....,month back i opened account with mastertrust beleiving their programming/execution/platform/terminal capabilities...u know what happened everything gone in vane,...their data is like **** and not saved locally...u need to have constant lot/position size....quantity need to give every time if ur using dynamic positionsizing..i complaint about data issue with images captured but none replied......

when comes to ur point "big no to algo"....ur wrong.....iam using this on my own system(not on Vps and even not paying 1k) from nearly 19 months without any problem(earlier i used manual execution)...yes u need to consider some critical things before going to Algo Trading...like Internet/power/system...etc...

Regards,