How to spot a trend. ?

Hello seniors, I am new to markets and i learning technical analysis... i am reading various articles on the web , following various threads on traderji.

One point that i have come across is everywhere i find phrases like " the trend is your friend " , "Follow the trend " .

I even watched a video of Ace trader Atul Suri who is associated with Rare enterprise..even he said that "Trend following is important"

With my little knowledge and understanding i have came to know that following are the types of trend
1. Up trend
2. Down trend
3. Sideways

But a question that hovers around my mind is " How to identify or spot an ongoing trend "

I request the seniors here to plz resolve my query and give some inputs.

Thanks in advance :)

manishchan

Hello seniors, I am new to markets and i learning technical analysis... i am reading various articles on the web , following various threads on traderji.

One point that i have come across is everywhere i find phrases like " the trend is your friend " , "Follow the trend " .

I even watched a video of Ace trader Atul Suri who is associated with Rare enterprise..even he said that "Trend following is important"

With my little knowledge and understanding i have came to know that following are the types of trend
1. Up trend
2. Down trend
3. Sideways

But a question that hovers around my mind is " How to identify or spot an ongoing trend "

I request the seniors here to plz resolve my query and give some inputs.

Thanks in advance :)
You fill find detailed answer to your query and many other good things for beginners in this thread http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/9373-new-members-please-read.html

All the Best !!

bunti_k23

Not a senior but to find trends there are many methods from which i m telling u 2 most simple methods .
1- use trendlines
2- use moving averages.

There are lot of free stuff available on youtube to learn this methods.

Gud luck and happy trading
Amit.