How to select stocks

One of the major decisions involved in day trading is what to trade? The selection of stocks, I know, is a big game changer when you day trade. Here are some tips, which I hope will prove fruitful in letting you decide what stocks to trade in:-
  • Since you have to be perfect in timing and speed with intra day trading, I would suggest that go in for stocks with high liquidity. Liquid stocks have bigger volume, which ultimately makes it easier for you to get into and out of trades easily.
  • Choose stocks with a range of medium to high volatility, say about a movement of 3% or more per day.
  • Try to trade strong stocks during an uptrend and weak stocks during a downtrend.
  • If you want to keep changing your stocks everyday, then choose the ones whose movement is in sync with the movement of the index. However, if you want to stick to one stock, then you can ignore this condition and continue with trading that stock only.

For me the most important criteria is liquidity. Since intraday trading involves buying and selling during the same day , liquidity becomes of great importance to ensure that stocks can be easily sold or purchased. Another good criteria is to identify strong stocks vs weak stocks. Lastly follow the trend . Pick up stocks which are moving up with trends.

For me the most important criteria is liquidity. Since intraday trading involves buying and selling during the same day , liquidity becomes of great importance to ensure that stocks can be easily sold or purchased. Another good criteria is to identify strong stocks vs weak stocks. Lastly follow the trend . Pick up stocks which are moving up with trends.
Yes liquidity is really important. Good information.