How to Put Condition Sell order in Odin Diet software

Glad to have found some Diet Odin users. Can anyone please share their experience with Diet Odin? It would be great if you would also compare it to Sharekhan's Trade Tiger. The Starving Trader is looking to switch to Diet Odin :)

The Starving Trader

Glad to have found some Diet Odin users. Can anyone please share their experience with Diet Odin? It would be great if you would also compare it to Sharekhan's Trade Tiger. The Starving Trader is looking to switch to Diet Odin :)

The Starving Trader
Hi starving trader. Great idea to shift to Odin diet. No doubt trade tiger is good, but if you compare it with Angel diet then trade tiger is no good. Market watch updation, intraday chart are better than others. The best thing I like about angel Odin is the level of customization possible. You can customize it as and how you want using various permutation and combinations. It is easily the most flexible and user friendly trading software

how to give stop loss for sale in odin of hedge equities? for example i am holding a stock mkt price is Rs.50 and i want to give a stop of loss at Rs.45 for ever until i sell that stock. how can i give that? is it possible to do on trading time only?

comm4300

how to give stop loss for sale in odin of hedge equities? for example i am holding a stock mkt price is Rs.50 and i want to give a stop of loss at Rs.45 for ever until i sell that stock. how can i give that? is it possible to do on trading time only?
Yes Unni,

unfortunately, overnite orders are not yet permitted by our Exchanges.

To protect your equity position, you'd have to put SL order @ 45 each trading day, which will expire [if price remains above] at the close of the business day.

Mind you, in case of gap down, you'd have no choice but to take whatever market is offering for the stock at present.

Other alternative is to get into derivatives to hedge your cash position - buying puts. search the forum for derivatives thread.

all the best.

The thread is very informative. Thanks to all contributing members. I am basically a EOD based trader. Hence i mostly put my orders in the morning hour and revise them in the night after market hours. since I am new to diet Odin, i would like to describe few probable situations below.I requst ur guidance on them.

1) -Market at 100.
- i want to be long if it crosses above 110, with a stoploss at 105.

2) -Market at 100
- i want to short if it goes dn to 90, with a stoploss at 95.

3) -market at 110
- i am long since 100.
- i want to sqr. off if it reaches 115
- at the same time i also want to keep a stop loss at 105

4) -market at 100
- i am short since 110.
- i want to sqr. off if it reaches 90
- at the same time i also want to keep a stop loss at 105

Finally, can i put my orders in Odin after market hours for next day session?

Thanks and regards

SDG