How to plot indices chart in Fcharts

Hi All,
I've been using FCHARTS for plotting graphs for stocks. I'm using Data extractor for extracting data for stocks at EOD from NSE website.

Can someone please guide me as to how to plot chart for various indices in FCHARTS. How to download data for that and how to get the graph plotted.

Another question is that is there a way by which I can plot NIFTY chart as an overlay on my stock charts.

Many thanks in advance.

Regds,
Ranjan

murthymsr

Hi All,
I've been using FCHARTS for plotting graphs for stocks. I'm using Data extractor for extracting data for stocks at EOD from NSE website.

Can someone please guide me as to how to plot chart for various indices in FCHARTS. How to download data for that and how to get the graph plotted.

Another question is that is there a way by which I can plot NIFTY chart as an overlay on my stock charts.

Many thanks in advance.

Regds,
Ranjan
Hi,

You may try NSE Data Downloadser from this link:
http://www.traderji.com/development-software-utilities/20353-nseindia-data-downloader.html

This one will download 9 indice data also along with stock data and you will get indice chart also.

murthymsr

Hi,

You may try NSE Data Downloadser from this link:
http://www.traderji.com/development-software-utilities/20353-nseindia-data-downloader.html

This one will download 9 indice data also along with stock data and you will get indice chart also.

murthymsr

Hi,
I'm using this NSE Data Downloader only for downloading data from NSE site. But for indices, it does download data as I get this msg :
Downloading Index data for NIFTY
Index Download is complete.
!
!
!
Downloading Index data for CNX_100
Index Download is complete.

But when I try to convert after that, it says no file available to convert :(. Can you please advice on this as to how to rectify this prob.

Many thanks in advance.

Regds,
Ranjan

gcp73

I am facing the same profblem as mentioned by MR.Ranjan, but iam using DATA Extracor sotware and i not getting nifty and all the idices since 15th May 2008 onwards, i able to download and convert Nifty data before 15th May 2008 but not after 14th May 2008,
Pls. help to sort out this problem

Re: How to download & convert nifty eod in Fcharts

Resspected seniors,
I am a new member and gone through many posts but failed to do the same. please help me in detail . If possible with example.

with regards.

Re: How to download & convert nifty eod in Fcharts

Resspected seniors,
I am a new member and gone through many posts but failed to do the same. please help me in detail . If possible with example.

with regards.
I sympathise with you! The posts you are following are leading you down the wrong path. Don't follow those who are blind.

Simply download the EOD data directly from the NSE into the 'Data folder'.

Use the Import/Export button in FCharts to point to this folder and make the import.

For Indices, they can be shown on the main chart (as the code/ticker) or as an overlay (right click on the chart) or as a UDI.

Couldn't be esier!