how to merge amibroker & metastock files.. ?

dear all, i have nifty database since long but they are in three diff. formats .. two out of it are in amibroker database and one in metastock file.. now how to merge all these three to make one single database of nifty which can be updated regularly then ..

mastermind007

dear all, i have nifty database since long but they are in three diff. formats .. two out of it are in amibroker database and one in metastock file.. now how to merge all these three to make one single database of nifty which can be updated regularly then ..
All of them EOD or EOD as well as Intraday ?

a1b1trader

The databases are in .csv or .txt
In which format you want to save data, I mean ami or meta.
If possible, then post first few lines of three databases.

i tell u .. i have already a amibroker database with data from 2006 to 2011.. other database is from 2011 to 2012 that too in amibroker database.. both these are database of amibroker but the source file is in metastock also.. and the third one is in purely amibroker database format. in earlier two if i want to see the data , the source file is metastock file thats .dat.

4candles

----------------------------------------

Last edited:

mastermind007

i tell u .. i have already a amibroker database with data from 2006 to 2011.. other database is from 2011 to 2012 that too in amibroker database.. both these are database of amibroker but the source file is in metastock also.. and the third one is in purely amibroker database format. in earlier two if i want to see the data , the source file is metastock file thats .dat.
I did not understand !!! Intraday from 2006 to 2011 and then from 2011 to 2012? What about 2013? Even if it is a 1 min tick, it is 375*220*5, you are looking at 4 lac quotes per scrip. How many scrips do you have?

I have a utility app that converts Metastock into text and I did see (on this site) someone posting ami afl that converts ami data into text.

If database is already in Ami, what source file is in metastock? Do you mean that you originally received data in Metastock format but because you attached Ami to it, it made a local copy?

If that is the scenario, you cannot do a lot except perhaps deleting old unwanted scrips from metastock format and ami.

Metastock has .DAT as well as .MWD files with MASTER EMASTER and XMASTER that provide the folder's dictionary