How to load NSE MS format data in advancedget

Dear Gurus,
I am trying to load NSE data converted in Metastock Format in Advancedget v7.6, But the chart is not showing up.
IN the datapath screen. I hae selected Compu/Metastock as format.
The system is picking up the sysbols but not loading the data in chart.
Can anyone provide me documentation or step-by-step guidence on how to load this data?

In case the file is large, please send me on [email protected]

bharatk8

saritguha said:
Dear Gurus,
I am trying to load NSE data converted in Metastock Format in Advancedget v7.6, But the chart is not showing up.
IN the datapath screen. I hae selected Compu/Metastock as format.
The system is picking up the sysbols but not loading the data in chart.
Can anyone provide me documentation or step-by-step guidence on how to load this data?

In case the file is large, please send me on [email protected]
hi,sarit instead of Compu/Metastock select metastock file library format..... ihave tried it and it has worked....hope it will also work for u

Thanks. The problem is resolved.
One thing to note for users who are on metastock v8 or higher.
They need to download seperately MSFL70.dll file as this is only relevant for MS v7.0

bharatk8

saritguha said:
Thanks. The problem is resolved.
One thing to note for users who are on metastock v8 or higher.
They need to download seperately MSFL70.dll file as this is only relevant for MS v7.0
hi glad to know that ur AD>GET is now working O.K.........do u have any add-in,plug-in programmes/utilities/software which can be used with M.S. /AD.GET

The ADGET is not picking up the MS data when I am using downloader for MS v9.0. The is giving a message of version mismatch. I have used the XMASTER fike downloaded from www,islindia,com NSE edition trial version and then the data is getting picked up, but certain section of data is getting corrupted. I donot know why. Is there any solution for this?

Sarit

bharatk8

hi sarit i am using a.g 7.6 (build122) along with MS9.....no problems....what r ur versions???......if symol length is more than 4, then also AD.GET will not accept it

:) i had attended the day trading seminar onthe 18th and 19th of february of viratech software they do teach basicson the day trading but it seems that their ultimate remains that atrader shud equip themselves with the best of tech analysys software like latest version of dashboard version advance get costing about rs 195000 wherin yucud access intraday or so

hi... bharatk8

can u pls help me on the following issue

i have data in MS format - downloader8 and the symbol used for
securities is same as NSE ticker/symbols.

now when i use this data in AD Get 7.6 build 113, the charts for
securities having symbol length more than 8 does not appear.

Can u tell me how to update Ad GEt data daily.

regards

nit

U

uasish

Dear Nit Oks,
Look in ur Excel format ,prior to Down Loader converting it to Meta format whether <ticker> col header is at the begining,this Get will also read as "Symbol " in
the "Display Issue From" combo box of Get.
U do not have to up date Get every day like "Ami Broker" Get reads from Meta file library.Hence whenever Downloader of Meta coverts the data & stored instantly "ami" or "Get" will read from it.So never try to open Meta & Get
simultaneously but with Ami Broker u can open both Meta & Ami charts simultaneously.
Regards
Asish

Dear Asish,

I'm new to AD Get and pls note that i'm using Ad get 7.6 build 113.

Can u pls elaborate where can i find the option:

"Display Issue From"/combo box

I was unable to find any such option in the abovementioned version.

Let me explain the problem by taking an example.

The NSE symbol of 'INDIABULLS SECURITIES LIMITED' is 'INDIABULLS'
I have the same symbol in Metastock data.
Now when i try to open this security in AD get, it fails.........the chart does not open.

But when i change the symbol to 'INDIABUL' in Metastock data and try to
open this security in AD Get, IT WORKS......the chart is displayed.

My question is that whether AD Get recognises only first 8 characters of
the symbol and in case security has symbol of more than 8 characters
how do i update data for such securities?

nit