How to Learn Discipline

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
it really helps. There is a concept called the neuroplasticity of the brain. It is one of the benefits accrued when you start meditating.

Check - https://www.britannica.com/science/neuroplasticity & https://universityhealthnews.com/da...rains-marvelous-ability-to-reengineer-itself/

Ping me up if you need/ have any clarifications! I have been a decision neurosciences researcher in one of my previous stints, so I might be able to help you with it :)
Thx for the articles on Neuroplasticity.

sumosanammain

Totally agree with you.
As it is, 90 percent of traders in the market dont have a system. They just wing it. The remaining who do, a very miniscule percent of them know what parameters have to be satisfied to make a system. All they are looking is for the best indicator. But... pulling the trigger at the perfect time is main. Also, some systems are not tradeable, as they require entries at the close of the bar, or the open of the next bar, and we all know, getting the same rate as the open of a bar is a myth at best.

What traders need, is a system suited to THEIR own personality. That they can execute. And a back test, done by hand. Written down. Over a minimum of 5 years of data or 3000 trades. For Intraday trading.
Then they need to adjust their Psychology to be able to trade the system through drawdowns.

Show me Tejas, How many people have you come across that are doing all this?
Even the people who are maybe winning for the last few months may get the shock of their lives, as the markets are currently trending.
If God forbid it goes into a sideways, low volatility phase like 2017, these traders will get wiped out, as they would have ramped up their volumes, and the low volatility would hit them at their biggest size.

Hi All,
I have been immensely benefited by this forum. Now I am here for much more benefits. I make few bucks trading everyday,let’s say 2k. But my problem is in keeping the profits, once I make some profits, I don’t stop and keep trading until it goes to a loss.This has been like this from the start. I make profits but still end up in loss. I have been trading like this from quite a few years. I had stopped in between too. My questions are
1) how do I get disciplined.
2) how do I sell at target and use stop loss ( I know usage,but I can’t make my mind)
3) how did you guys learn disciplined trading.
4) how do I stop over trading.
One should completely leave out emotions when trading. One should also figure out whether the objective of trading is to make money or having excitement in life ! Making money in trading is actually boring. Follow these 3 simple steps..1) Leave out emotions, 2) Have stop losses and stick to them come what may , 3) Have a trading plan and stick to it !

One should completely leave out emotions when trading. One should also figure out whether the objective of trading is to make money or having excitement in life ! Making money in trading is actually boring. Follow these 3 simple steps..1) Leave out emotions, 2) Have stop losses and stick to them come what may , 3) Have a trading plan and stick to it !
Well said brother. Good points

Those are some really important points to check. I agree!