How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

Some one pls email me quotetrackerinstall.pdf at [email protected]

I have downloaed QT & webupdated it.

I have set my source site as Nse but wen i put the nse symbol say acc or reliance i dont get any prices only zeroes

Which symbols are we supposed to put?

Also is there any other similar software?

Thank u

murthymsr

Hello,

I have been using QuoteTracker for sometime and have the following issues:

a) Whenever a stock name includes the symbol '&,' the Yahoo backfill does not work. For example: the stocks J&K Bank (Yahoo: J&KBANK.NS), M&M (Yahoo: M&M.NS), SB&T International (Yahoo: SB&TINTL.NS) do get updated from NSE, but the back fill does not work.

How to make the backfill work from Yahoo - in such cases?
the 'ampersand' (&) symbol is accepted in NSE symbols list. but yahoo does not allow the ampersand within the symbol. in yahoo '&' does some other function. with this anamoly, we will not be able to back-fill on the symbols containg '&'. but is the yahoo back-fill up-to-date? i understand it is one day behind. if so, is it useful?

b) In other cases - the Yahoo backfill simply does not work for other stocks.
For example UNITECH.NS works fine on Yahoo website, but does not work in
backfill.
in another thread in this forum, some member has given the up-to-date symbol equivalence list. it may be helpful.

murthymsr

DEAR MURTHY MSR....
Is there a possibility to feed the quotetracker with feeds from idbi paisabuider.in streaming account? I think broking sites provide the closest real time data...please guide...
thanks..
reghu.

murthymsr

DEAR MURTHY MSR....
Is there a possibility to feed the quotetracker with feeds from idbi paisabuider.in streaming account? I think broking sites provide the closest real time data...please guide...
thanks..
reghu.
dear reghu,

i am afraid, it is not possible. it will, as on today, provides for quotes from NSE and a few other data sources. you may check the web site for details.

now that QT is taken over by TD Ameritrade, fresh additions are unlikely. however you may check-up at web site for details from time to time.

happy new year.
murthymsr

Thank you - idowell for the information

Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Of course you should be connected to Internet during Market Hours to get the data live.

The enclosed PDF file gives step by step instructions.

For those users who are not yet enabled to view the attachments please provide your email id and I would try and forward the PDF as an email attachment.

Happy viewing and I am ready to take your questions :)

Sekhar S

dear reghu,

i am afraid, it is not possible. it will, as on today, provides for quotes from NSE and a few other data sources. you may check the web site for details.

now that QT is taken over by TD Ameritrade, fresh additions are unlikely. however you may check-up at web site for details from time to time.

happy new year.
murthymsr
Dear Murthy msr...
Sorry that I cant reply yesterday.Thanks a lot for your opinion.As you have indicated in one of your earlier posts,its not much use working with the delayed quotes of nse website.I hope, with the broking competition heating up some of them may come up really realtime intraday charting.
Thanks once again and wishing you a very happy new year...
reghu...

Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Of course you should be connected to Internet during Market Hours to get the data live.

The enclosed PDF file gives step by step instructions.

For those users who are not yet enabled to view the attachments please provide your email id and I would try and forward the PDF as an email attachment.

Happy viewing and I am ready to take your questions :)

Sekhar S
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR,

I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR THIS!!
AS I HAVE ALREADILY DOWN LOADED THE UTILITY BUT FAILED MEASURABLY TO INSTALL IT PROPERLY AND GET GOING!
NOW I THINK THAT I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.
THANX A LOT.

DRSHUKLA:)