How to filter NIFTY stocks from bhabcopy Excel ?

Hi

You can filter nifty stocks.
but you need tools that bring data.
software that can analyse.

a)Data import from nse bhav copy
b)analyse

you need paid data importer like Manshirt
you need Amibroker to explore

one simpler way going the freelunch style is
use keystock.co.in
http://www.keystock.co.in/

Right stock right time
right tool right trade

I don't see download link in the site.
If you want to download then download directly from this link, requires no registration www.keystock.co.in/keystocks-lite.zip (dot net frame work 3.5 or higher is required on xp)

On left hand side you will see two list box, in above one their are options for all lists like Nifty 50 , futures , bank stocks , cnx 100 almost every sector and index is filtered .

data is also downloaded and updated by just one click

yusi

How to filter NIFTY stocks from NSE bhavcopy Excel ?
Wonder why I'm finding myself hesitating to help you.

If, and only if, you do not get your answer for some days, and you still need one, then ask me for one possible solution; it involves using the Bhavcopy Viewer that you already have.

megapixel

Wonder why I'm finding myself hesitating to help you.

If, and only if, you do not get your answer for some days, and you still need one, then ask me for one possible solution; it involves using the Bhavcopy Viewer that you already have.
Hi yusi, your tool is OK....

I wanted to do some sort of calculation by my own using excel..... hope this clarifies the confusion ...your tool is decent ..I use it....one issue is sometimes PR.zip download failing....I faced this issue couple of times..

This is not an issue with net connectivity...I checked.

Last edited:

megapixel

If you want to download then download directly from this link, requires no registration www.keystock.co.in/keystocks-lite.zip (dot net frame work 3.5 or higher is required on xp)

On left hand side you will see two list box, in above one their are options for all lists like Nifty 50 , futures , bank stocks , cnx 100 almost every sector and index is filtered .

data is also downloaded and updated by just one click
I checked this tool...... sometimes the data does not update automatically....I get update failed message.

good to see that you have added a manual update feature....manual update works fine.....no issue.

It would have been excellent if you could add support/resistance levels and daily pivot points in charts.

if you update this feature ..please let me know for a re-download.

overall ...its good.

Last edited:

yusi

I wanted to do some sort of calculation by my own using excel..... hope this clarifies the confusion
Just so that you are clear: I care twiddly whether you use the tool or not, and there is no confusion.

Back to your problem statement: You need Nifty 50 in Excel from the bhavcopy data. Obviously, since the required filter is not available in the EQ Bhavcopy CSV that you download, you either need to do it manually or programmatically using additional info. One such available info, is the FFIX.zip in the composite bhavcopy. Since something similar is already done in the viewer, what you need to do is select context menu -> Clipboard copy, and then paste in Excel. That is what I was hinting at.