How to delete intraday data quotes ?

anything .js not worked with me,
I changed DB, but .tls file not in DB folder on" watchlist" sub folder don't know where .tls is there,
changed valid date for delete ticks..

run the .js ,shows path not found..
The script will delete the quotes of the symbols of your specified watchlist. The name of your watchlist depends on you. And the watchlist of a database can be located in the "watchlist" sub-folder of the "database" folder located in directory where you installed AmiBroker. If you do not see any .TLS file in the watchlist folder that means you need to create a new watchlist and put some symbols in it from AmiBroker.

One more thing. Ensure to use one backward slash and two forward slashes for separating the directories in filespec and DataDir variables respectively.
JavaScript:
filespec = "C:/TradingApps/Amibroker/DB/WatchLists/List 0.tls";
DataDir = "C:\\TradingApps\\Amibroker\\DB";
You need to change the values only. Do not change the format.

Last edited:
Hi sir, S, it was delete one by one and showing on log file ..
work well but no major difference between .js with Josh sir "DELETE' ticks .exe
Even it takes long time to delete 1min format data. compared to Josh sir utility...
Note: my system don't have Java, wscript.exe using to delete tics, maybe the reason for delay?

Anyway Thanks for

CougarTrader

Even it takes long time to delete 1min format data. compared to Josh sir utility...
Note: my system don't have Java, wscript.exe using to delete tics, maybe the reason for delay?

Anyway Thanks for
Why are getting into comparison?

Original request was on how to delete Intraday quotes but keeping the EOD quotes intact. I was searching the internet for several days now, could not find a simple clue, and LL sir happens to be first person to come-up with a solution. No offence meant to Joshiji's utility but it removes all quotes including EOD.

Why not appreciate instead of complaining for something that you did not know in the first place?

If you want to go somewhere there will be many ways to arrive at the same destination. This is just one method using AmiBroker OLE to delete quotes. BTW you do not need Java to run JavaScript. The speed of the above script execution is a direct factor of number of Symbols in your watchlist and the number of quotes to be deleted specified in the date range.

Read the both the codes carefully (if you can) to see that the "For" loop contains a "if" statement that detects whether a quote is EOD or Intraday that falls within your specified date range and delete accordingly.

So, quote-by-quote, symbol-by-symbol, one-by-one it will take time. If you do not understand something and can't do anything better than what you have got, then KEEP QUIET. :mad:

Why are getting into comparison?

Original request was on how to delete Intraday quotes but keeping the EOD quotes intact. I was searching the internet for several days now, could not find a simple clue, and LL sir happens to be first person to come-up with a solution. No offence meant to Joshiji's utility but it removes all quotes including EOD.

Why not appreciate instead of complaining for something that you did not know in the first place?

If you want to go somewhere there will be many ways to arrive at the same destination. This is just one method using AmiBroker OLE to delete quotes. BTW you do not need Java to run JavaScript. The speed of the above script execution is a direct factor of number of Symbols in your watchlist and the number of quotes to be deleted specified in the date range.

Read the both the codes carefully (if you can) to see that the "For" loop contains a "if" statement that detects whether a quote is EOD or Intraday that falls within your specified date range and delete accordingly.

So, quote-by-quote, symbol-by-symbol, one-by-one it will take time. If you do not understand something and can't do anything better than what you have got, then KEEP QUIET. :mad:
Gussa nahi kartey baba :)

Anyway Thanks for
If you want to delete a range only for all your scrips in your database then you need no external script or anything of that sort, options like Delete range, Delete session and Delete Quotation are already available inbuilt itself. That will be faster and cleaner than any other solution but if you want to facilitate some custom needs like this OP, then you need to automate using some external scripts. Java and JavaScript are different and has nothing to do with the speed. ;)

1545827265071.png

Last edited:

KAL.YUG

By the way CougarTrader, if you don't mind me asking - how long does this process of deleting IEOD quotes take, is it too time consuming?
If it is, then I wonder why not download EOD data from website and convert it to Amiborker db file!

KAL.YUG

No not all, I am not complaining. Its just that someone instead of appreciating what LL sir showed is unnecessarily making lot of fuzz. I am extremely grateful to LL sir for helping with the scripts. I was searching restlessly for last few days.
Looks like you misunderstood. My question has nothing to do with your reaction to optionwriter.

My Q is very simple - Every day (or maybe weekend) you delete intraday ticks and retain only OHLC of the day, - is deleting ieod ticks very time consuming and/or cumbersome, if it is then it would be very easy and simple to download EOD data from website and convert to Amibroker Data.

Looks like you misunderstood. My question has nothing to do with your reaction to optionwriter.

My Q is very simple - Every day (or maybe weekend) you delete intraday ticks and retain only OHLC of the day, - is deleting ieod ticks very time consuming and/or cumbersome, if it is then it would be very easy and simple to download EOD data from website and convert to Amibroker Data.
website??
which website