How to choose stock for buy or short position during opening hours in day trading?

MSN1979

What makes traders to decide to take long or short position in opening hours. Every stock will not be in news at the same time. Please share your opinions
No need to be able to find every stock. Stock selection criteria should be created. With maximum of 2-3 stocks that you expect to perform. Use NSE website

I'm no expert but i've seen others use nse website to check top gainers / losers and at 9.16 am they have a list of POTENTIAL stocks.. Then they check the charts to see trends and then decide accordingly whether or not they should trade in the stocks from that list.

doss186

I'm no expert but i've seen others use nse website to check top gainers / losers and at 9.16 am they have a list of POTENTIAL stocks.. Then they check the charts to see trends and then decide accordingly whether or not they should trade in the stocks from that list.
Bro can you elaborate on what parameters the check on you following statement?

Then they check the charts to see trends and then decide accordingly whether or not they should trade in the stocks from that list.

Then they check the charts to see trends and then decide accordingly whether or not they should trade in the stocks from that list.
What i meant and what i also personally do is check the stocks in that list on charts (i use zerodha so i study the chart of that stock) with indicators in place like EMA 5, 20, MACD and RSI and try and see if it is going up and will shoot up or if its going down and will shoot down etc.... I also try and follow candle sticks in the charts to see for any dojis and trend reversals etc or anything else the candlesticks may show... with it i also take a few minutes to see the trend in Heiken Ashi...

Hope the above is clear.

regards
Greg

doss186

What i meant and what i also personally do is check the stocks in that list on charts (i use zerodha so i study the chart of that stock) with indicators in place like EMA 5, 20, MACD and RSI and try and see if it is going up and will shoot up or if its going down and will shoot down etc.... I also try and follow candle sticks in the charts to see for any dojis and trend reversals etc or anything else the candlesticks may show... with it i also take a few minutes to see the trend in Heiken Ashi...

Hope the above is clear.

regards
Greg
Great go ahead!

MSN1979

volume +topgainer/top looser