How to calculate ASI or RSR?

chheda said:
Thanks swingtrader for file , the file is in nsc-stock-rank.sxc format will u please give me idea how to open it or a software in which i can open it.

Regards
Harish Chheda
It is OpenOffice spreadsheet file. You will need to install the free software OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) to view it. I will try and see if I can convert it to an excel spreadsheet. If I can then I will email it to you. Do you have Excel installed on your PC?

--SwingTrader

B

bhavana

swingtrader said:
It is OpenOffice spreadsheet file. You will need to install the free software OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) to view it. I will try and see if I can convert it to an excel spreadsheet. If I can then I will email it to you. Do you have Excel installed on your PC?

--SwingTrader
Thanx ,I got your mail.
But which version from www.openoffice.org is to download.
Can you provide path?

Hi Swingtrader,
If u will kindly mail a copy of both the .cvs and .xls file to me,I will be highly obliged---Also if u kindly mail the code for auto-downloading bhavcopy,I will also be greatful to u---- purely educational purpose----My email id:[email protected]

Regards,
joy_mitali

bhavana said:
Thanx ,I got your mail.
But which version from www.openoffice.org is to download.
Can you provide path?
I have emailed you the path and also the excel spreadsheet (if you don't want to download openoffice and have excel already installed on your pc).

--SwingTrader

AMITBE

Hi Swingtarder,
I have collected Bhavcopy/closing prices since March 1 2004 in Excel, and now update the daily closing. I am sure you are aware of the problems of doing this daily since scrips get dropped, added on, names change etc. To overcome this I have worked with a friend and written Macros that reconciles the names of scrips via VLOOKUP and so I have an error free copy. At the same time within the same file another page calculates 20, 50, 200 DMA, highlighting the scrips crossing these averages. For easy reference, the preceding 6 day prices are posted against the scrips and their moving averages so one can readily see whether the averages are being crossed from above or below. Another page in the same file calculates the Pivots for all the scrips. I'm quite pleased with the file!! I'm certain you'll figure out the commands.
Hey, but yours seems really cool that auto downloads and updates. Would you explain how buddy? And perhaps send the program?
Thanks. :p

AMITBE said:
Hi Swingtarder,
I have collected Bhavcopy/closing prices since March 1 2004 in Excel, and now update the daily closing. I am sure you are aware of the problems of doing this daily since scrips get dropped, added on, names change etc. To overcome this I have worked with a friend and written Macros that reconciles the names of scrips via VLOOKUP and so I have an error free copy. At the same time within the same file another page calculates 20, 50, 200 DMA, highlighting the scrips crossing these averages. For easy reference, the preceding 6 day prices are posted against the scrips and their moving averages so one can readily see whether the averages are being crossed from above or below. Another page in the same file calculates the Pivots for all the scrips. I'm quite pleased with the file!! I'm certain you'll figure out the commands.
Hey, but yours seems really cool that auto downloads and updates. Would you explain how buddy? And perhaps send the program?
Thanks. :p
Wow! you seem to have done quite a bit of work on your spreadsheet. Actually, I do only the last 5% of the work in the spreadsheet (I have not done much macros programming too). I have a PostgreSQL database that has all the historical data. I have a program that updates this database on a daily basis. The relative strength ranking spreadsheet is just one of the spreadsheets that I generate regularly. Once generated I put in the ranking formulas manually. My spreadsheet does not do any automatic updates etc.

--SwingTrader

AMITBE

Hi Joy,
I would gladly share the file with you except it's quire large and perhaps not so good through email.
I believe you are in Calcutta...and I'm in Hyderabad.
I could mail it.
Regards.