How to Backfill data for different timeframe in amibroker?

Hi,

I want to backtest a strategy. But want backfill of data of different scrips in amibroker. What i tried is downloaded Index 1 Minute data and loaded that text file in amibroker but when i backtest the strategy it is only getting backtested for EOD or on daily data. In setting (backtest setting) i am not able to change the period. In normal that is on chart i am able to change the timeframe and it give results there only but not on backtest setting.

Moreover i am not interested in real time data right now but in Backfill of data of various or atleast 10-15 major scripts for 10 or more years so that i can backtest those scripts on different timeframes.

Can anybody please help what is this issue and how to resolve it?

Last edited:

cloudTrader

Hi,

I want to backtest a strategy. But want backfill of data of different scrips in amibroker. What i tried is downloaded Index 1 Minute data and loaded that text file in amibroker but when i backtest the strategy it is only getting backtested for EOD or on daily data. In setting (backtest setting) i am not able to change the period. In normal that is on chart i am able to change the timeframe and it give results there only but not on backtest setting.

Moreover i am not interested in real time data right now but in Backfill of data of various or atleast 10-15 major scripts for 10 or more years so that i can backtest those scripts on different timeframes.

Can anybody please help what is this issue and how to resolve it?
In Database settings have you kept the Base Time Interval as 1 Minute ?

cloudTrader

Thanks tried this setting and now backtest working on Hourly. Can you please tell me what exactly is this option about bcz if i was selected EOD it was not working and selecting 1 minute made it work?
This is the option in Amibroker to form the Bars from the data available. So if lower time frame is chosen in database settings then higher time frame bars will be possible to form but if higher time frame is chosen in database settings then lower time frame bars won't be possible . Each Time frame chosen in database settings will allow Amibroker to form bars of time frame of that particular interval and higher than that.