how to *act* disciplined in market? help needed!

Write everything on the paper and pup on the screen in front of you...just calculate your losses and make sure you see them for every trade. For example you write:
USDJPY short
10 pips = 25$ loss
30 pips = 75$ loss
50 pips= 125$ loss

If you see that, it helps you to understand that you're doing wrong.

vishal7176

@ Vertigo ,

first thanks for your valuable reply sir...:)

sir mostly my revenge type trading .....most of time whenever i make loss.

1) my trading style is based on Screen reading ....( this style i used last 3-4 yr ...and its successful ..in PAST ....Butt currently it also workk....BUTT currently my LOSSES are more compare to profit ....and after LOSS ..I start revenge type trading .)

2)- after successive loss ....i trade very less....( in QNTY and time also).

now ...these days i want control on losses .....and control my mind....nothing more ......

actually i trade on random basis ...not any particular scrip.....

3) yaaa .....these losses comes after multiple of winning days.....

this type of situation come in my life ......buttt ..NOW thiss situation is more time sustain in my life ...its like stich to me .....and its not remove....

last time it was ....butt at this time it is more wrost.......than before ....

4) yaaa ......from today onword i will analyze every loss day and i will write it here ....may be i will be some positive outcome will come.....

most of my losses comes .....on this Qtry Result annoucement ......BUTT in past i make money also in this Qtry result also.

thank you sir

sudoku1

Write everything on the paper and pup on the screen in front of you...just calculate your losses and make sure you see them for every trade. For example you write:
USDJPY short
10 pips = 25$ loss
30 pips = 75$ loss
50 pips= 125$ loss

If you see that, it helps you to understand that you're doing wrong.
ACORDING 2 d human psycology , d abv suggestion cud b d worst thing 1 may b doing if it all.

know dat repeatations make our beliefs.
many new invstrs n traders n brokers strted der career at d top of d stock mkt bull run in 2008.now wat happened dat afts a small rise, d mkt used 2 break d previous lows shattering d hopes of exit.wen dey wer firmly stuck in losses, dey convinced der subconscious mind dat dey wil never b able 2 recoup even haf of wat dey lost n at d same time dey demotivated d new aspirants dat dis is nt d place fr u 2 make money n in d process by repeating agin n again de same episode, d strengthen der belief system dat stock mkt is a place 2 lose money.now fast forward to 2011. d mkt again hit a peak frm 9000 sensex to 21k.dey questioned der beliefs n wen again d mkt cracked all thru 2011...again dey justified der false beliefs dat see v knew it was bound 2 happen.now in 2013, nt even 60 % of dem r never eager 2 know wher d mkt is headed.

instead, d best wch I can see is nailing a phrase wid sm sybol wch wil motivate him dat der is a task ahed wch wil b achieved n achieved:)

d losseS shud b reviewed as mistakes n solved as 1 goes ahead wid his goal:)

Last edited:

Vertigo_1985

@ Vertigo ,

first thanks for your valuable reply sir...:)

sir mostly my revenge type trading .....most of time whenever i make loss.

1) my trading style is based on Screen reading ....( this style i used last 3-4 yr ...and its successful ..in PAST ....Butt currently it also workk....BUTT currently my LOSSES are more compare to profit ....and after LOSS ..I start revenge type trading .)

2)- after successive loss ....i trade very less....( in QNTY and time also).

now ...these days i want control on losses .....and control my mind....nothing more ......

actually i trade on random basis ...not any particular scrip.....

3) yaaa .....these losses comes after multiple of winning days.....

this type of situation come in my life ......buttt ..NOW thiss situation is more time sustain in my life ...its like stich to me .....and its not remove....

last time it was ....butt at this time it is more wrost.......than before ....

4) yaaa ......from today onword i will analyze every loss day and i will write it here ....may be i will be some positive outcome will come.....

most of my losses comes .....on this Qtry Result annoucement ......BUTT in past i make money also in this Qtry result also.

thank you sir
I think you become careless after a series of winnings, this attitude would be reflected in poor preparation, taking lower probability trades and not reviewing trades. So keep a watch on how you do above things.

You should also have daily loss limit after which you should stop trading, you can keep it as half of your average daily winnings.

Review your setups and see if you are doing poorly in any particular scrip, just leave it , some scrips may not be suitable to your style, instead focus on those which gave very good results.

As the final blow happens after we make a series of errors and ignore them, you have to catch yourself early making them and for that you should have a well written plan which defines your setup and it's management very clearly. So do you have that ?
if you have it then you will know when you are trading well and when you are not. When not following plan simply leave the system for at least 10- 15 minutes, take a break then analyze what you were doing and restart fresh with less volume.

You should read the books suggested in previous post, they are must.

vishal7176

@ vertigo sirji ,

yesss sir , i download one of the book ........

both the book i will read .....

and thanks sir .....

thanks a lot .

i think ...i will maintain my profit loss diary online ...how is it ?? ....may be i will see my previous mistake and ....some bad habits ....will detect .

it will help me for improvement ....as i think

thank you

Vertigo_1985

@ vertigo sirji ,

yesss sir , i download one of the book ........

both the book i will read .....

and thanks sir .....

thanks a lot .

i think ...i will maintain my profit loss diary online ...how is it ?? ....may be i will see my previous mistake and ....some bad habits ....will detect .

it will help me for improvement ....as i think

thank you
read trading in the zone first.
yeah maintain your diary.