how things works in 'snap quote deals dialog'?

I am very new to share market trading.. just learning basics.. i am learning through reliance securitys trading software..

in that when we choose stock in NSE, double click on that stock, then the dialog box named 'snap quote deals dialog' gets opened.. i want to know how these queued deals/auctions gets completed.. i just confused by those blue and red queued bidders and askers.. How does this game gets played,. ? please explain by giving example..

bunny

I thought somebody would have answered this query by now. Buy anyways, you can look up http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68041373/The-anatomy-of-LTP_-Mark-up-and-Mark-down

The above was drafted by me more than 4 years ago. Today, I would like to insert a few comments in that doc, but that will follow later. At the moment, the above is enough for you.

And yes, there is no game to be played here. Paying attention to the snap quote dialog is a futile exercise and you will gain no edge. So read it only if you want to satisfy your curiosity. Otherwise invest your few minutes of precious time elsewhere.

@bunny

i am not able to access/download that document, i use opera mini browser from mobile phone,. try hosting it on other file sharing site example- datafilehost

and please give me your e-mail id, facebook id because i can't find here option for pm. I am newbie in share market, learing just ABC of it, so every now and then i need help/guidance.. so that i can contact you by fb or email

Last edited:
And yes, there is no game to be played here. Paying attention to the snap quote dialog is a futile exercise and you will gain no edge. So read it only if you want to satisfy your curiosity
yes you are right, but i want to understand it just to get fundamental knowledge about share market, i am not going see that 24 x 7 , i know it changes in miliseconds.. It is not easy task to monitor it..

Giraffe

If more interested google/youtube about the following terms:
1. Nasdaq Level II quotes / Market Depth / Orderbook
2. Order Flow
3. Tape Reading
4. Time and Sales

All refer to analysing market at the most fundamental level. You can satisfy your curiosisity but do know before hand that this is most difficult art to master in trading. With the advent of electronic trading, the amount of speed and data have increased tremendously making these methods quite difficult in their crude form.

bunny

@bunny

i am not able to access/download that document, i use opera mini browser from mobile phone,. try hosting it on other file sharing site example- datafilehost
I don't want to seem arrogant, and I am not being one, but don't want to leave you holding on to false hopes that I will pay heed to your request. I cannot upload it elsewhere mainly because I have lost interest in it. And I have also lost access to the master copy. That said, hope somebody will help you by transferring that file or much better hope you get to access this forum on PC/laptop.

bunny

@bunny

and please give me your e-mail id, facebook id because i can't find here option for pm. I am newbie in share market, learing just ABC of it, so every now and then i need help/guidance.. so that i can contact you by fb or email
Sorry dear, but lets share knowledge in public domain. That will help many other like you.