how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya sir, i have u'stood that we start our positions from lower support and keep the trade open till it closes below our lower support .
in between when we r in profit, we keep adding new positions at pivots, i hope i m learning at in right way.
and u also mentioned that this is the trading style of HNI or so called smart money and we shd be part of them
dear aman taneja,in positional eod trading,normally we take risk of capital just at once,just to enter in the winning trade,so at that time we will take help of pivot entry for first position ,if we missed it from lower support.
risk level is considered zero at lower support.
so every second third fourth position just from lower support, not pivot support,
no risk first time on wards

Using TradeWithHunter's EOD 315 (cross over) strategy on Zinc (Zinc and Nickel seem to be more suitable for 315 than copper or lead,) the time to have entered a long for Zinc was the 26th or 27th of October.

I'm trying to be patient enough to wait for the 3 EMA to cross below 15 EMA. It seems that looking at the charts at/after 20:30 is the best time for confirmation.

Zinc does look strong so I'm torn between being patient for Zinc to drop in price or make some profit by going long in Zinc.
basically all the four are in eod long trend at present
but finally one require to shift at some advanced strategy,which works in all type of markets
moving average cross over strategy or best suited for just trending markets.
they don't work in range bound market

dear aman taneja,in positional eod trading,normally we take risk of capital just at once,just to enter in the winning trade,so at that time we will take help of pivot entry for first position ,if we missed it from lower support.
so every second third fourth position just from lower support, not pivot support,

oh k, thnx for correcting me

Dear sir,
when a share is in confirm downtrend then suddenly one day a bull candle is formed,
price closing well above the close of previous day,
now what is the significance of a bull candle in a down trend?
;-it may be the one day correction bar.
;-it may be the starting of a short term correction or
;-it may be the starting point of a trend change.
all the above things will be confirmed only after some days
now what action we are suppose to take in such case?
as per my knowledge i take position same day at the lower support if possible with s/l just below the close of
same/previous day(which ever is lower)
sir, i would like to know wether my action and understanding of the situation is correct or not?
if not than please correct me.
thanks

Last edited:

hills_5000

Hi Gurmy.. if the share is in confimed downtrend then when a bull candle happens , and assuming it continues for next 2/3 days , then the share is headed towards lower resistance... and not lower support. Now the lower resistance keeps changing daily ( sometimes may not) when the share broke lower support and started moving down. So...this lower support is now lower resistance which keeps moving down when share on EOD basis keeps closing down.

The levels for these LR , UR , are calculated by Ashwani Sir using a propriety formula... . but you can ask him for levels daily.

He is saying that as stock/ commo moves down there is a protective SL which will be used. Also the lower resistance will move down. The day the two intersect the short position is closed AND .. long is initiated on confirmation about which he will tell us.

Hope I was able to make you understand... :)

Dear sir,
when a share is in confirm downtrend then suddenly one day a bull candle is formed,
;-it may be the one day correction bar.
;-it may be the starting of a short term correction or
;-it may be the starting point of a trend change.
as per my knowledge i take position same day at the lower support if possible with s/l just below the close of
sir, i would like to know wether my action and understanding of the situation is correct or not?
thanks

Hi Gurmy.. if the share is in confimed downtrend then when a bull candle happens , and assuming it continues for next 2/3 days , then the share is headed towards lower resistance... and not lower support. Now the lower resistance keeps changing daily ( sometimes may not) when the share broke lower support and started moving down. So...this lower support is now lower resistance which keeps moving down when share on EOD basis keeps closing down.

The levels for these LR , UR , are calculated by Ashwani Sir using a propriety formula... . but you can ask him for levels daily.

He is saying that as stock/ commo moves down there is a protective SL which will be used. Also the lower resistance will move down. The day the two intersect the short position is closed AND .. long is initiated on confirmation about which he will tell us.
Hope I was able to make you understand... :)
dear hills thanks,
i think i could not make myself clear.
i only want to confirm that if a good bull candle appears during a down trend,than what action we are suppose to take?
should we open a position towards long same day or should we wait for further confirmation?
And during a confirm down trend the trailing/protective s/l will not be far away from previous day close,and a good bull candle may trigger that..
thanks

hills_5000

I dont think one good bull candle will reverse a confirmed downtrend...

In such cases you have to use some tech indicators which will confirm to you that trend has changed. Also what Sir has said is that when lower resistance moves down and meets / crossover with protective SL happens only then trade is closed. And it takes a lot more than one bullish engulfing after series of red candles on EOD basis to achieve that. :).

So we take no action but start paying attention . But no closing short trade OR opening fresh longs yet. This is sir's method.

dear hills thanks,
i think i could not make myself clear.
i only want to confirm that if a good bull candle appears during a down trend,than what action we are suppose to take?
should we open a position towards long same day or should we wait for further confirmation?
And during a confirm down trend the trailing/protective s/l will not be far away from previous day close,and a good bull candle may trigger that..
thanks

In such cases you have to use some tech indicators which will confirm to you that trend has changed. Also what Sir has said is that when lower resistance moves down and meets / crossover with protective SL happens only then trade is closed. And it takes a lot more than one bullish engulfing after series of red candles on EOD basis to achieve that. :).

So we take no action but start paying attention . But no closing short trade OR opening fresh longs yet. This is sir's method.
dear hills thanks,
i did not say that one candle will reverse the trend,i only said it may be the starting point of a reversal.
kindly go through the post no 4102 of sir and have a look at the eod chart of nickle at mcx site.
thanks

Dear sir,
(((;-it may be the one day correction bar.))))
;(((-it may be the starting of a short term correction or))))
;((((-it may be the starting point of a trend change.))))
thanks
dear gummy you have raised a valid question above
all the three above situation are possible-how to decide which way to move ,that is your problem-i will give reply of you and hills both in single post

dear hills, you too have given a valid answer to gurmy question.you are very much clear ,regarding my system of trading-in a single post i will give reply to you also
only then i can remove this confusion ,between you two

Status
Not open for further replies.