How much profit does a Full-time trader deserves in a Month?

How much return (% wise) is good for a Full-time trader.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SexyTrader

I'm a Half-time :) trader.....that is besides my profession, I do trading coz I love it and also get paid to do something of liking !

Rather than stating how much profit, let me answer it in an even simpler way :thumb:

It is possible to double your initial capital in a year....very much possible....

So you can take average returns per month range anything from 10%-15%...and in some months can go up to 25% :thumb:

But doubling your seed capital in a year is very much possible...and realistic too :thumb:

And once the seed capital is doubled, park away the profit somewhere else and continue to double the seed capital is the strategy I'm following :thumb:

Its not so difficult as I had thought earlier!

i started off two months ago with a capital of 3 lacs. made 25k in the first month. second month made 50k in the first week, however later lost 2 lakhs (indigestion). first 3 days of trade and made 35k. one part of me want to get back my capital, the other part is saying to take it easy and limit ur risk to minimum by trend trading. i made this money and lost this money through futures trading. i began with small trades on big shares wiht stop loss. could u advise me on how to go forward (i intend to be a fulltime trader)

SexyTrader

i started off two months ago with a capital of 3 lacs. made 25k in the first month. second month made 50k in the first week, however later lost 2 lakhs (indigestion). first 3 days of trade and made 35k. one part of me want to get back my capital, the other part is saying to take it easy and limit ur risk to minimum by trend trading. i made this money and lost this money through futures trading. i began with small trades on big shares wiht stop loss. could u advise me on how to go forward (i intend to be a fulltime trader)
The experts here can help you :thumb:

Rish

Before Intend to be a full time Trader, please check whether

- are you able to meet monthly commitment next 1 year (assume, your profit in the market is Nil for next 1 year - with capital protection)
- If your age is between 25 to 29, better be in the service and do trade.
- Risk Capacity
- Protection of Dependents.

Be careful my dear friend. Learn and Trade/Make Money.

Thanks for the reply sexytrader and nirhajan. i am 39, am into real estate after suffering 12 years working in the bpo industry. i buy and sell land. i am just investing 10% of the money i have.

one can earn 5 to 10 % profit every month which can average to about 50% in a year . a well informed & trained trader can do at least 10 trades per month in 20 wkg day where he gains 2% which add to 20% . he may also do 10 bad trade where he can loose 1% in each trade making it 105 in month . so net gain will remain 10% .deduct brokerage , STT etc & your gain will be 5 To 8% per month which add to at least 50% if you regularly trade with stop loss & do not loose fortune when market collapse due to bad reason

you have to do only 20 trades in 20 days ie one trade per day to get this earning . if you do more , then it will depend on your skill , luck & greed . more you trade without skill , more you loose & vice versa

Anil sreedhar - Loosing 2 lakhs in 3 days on investment of Rs 3.75 lakh is a foolish act . certainly you have failed to observe basic rule of stock market ie always trade with stop loss . . If you would have followed it you would not only have protected your profit but also would have protect your capital

Now how to go about it ?

your selection of share appears to be ok . just follow the golden rule of trading with stoploss & target for exit .This is must if you are planning trading in futures . Put stop loss as per your risk taking capacity or at yesterday low