How many years did you trade before 'U'

How many years trading before becoming a sucessful trader?

• From the First Day

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Three Months

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Six Months

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • One Year

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Two Years

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • Three Years

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Four Years

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Five - Ten

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More than Ten

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

vssoma

How many years did you trade before you started to making money consistently?

I believe it's interesting to know how long it takes to become successful traders.

So, please reply to this message with your answer and comment, especially the hardship and difficulties you had to overcome.

It took me 2 years, and one and half year was very painful. with the help of TJ members, now i am on the way to learning.......
thanks to TJ.

AW10

After long time, i find a sensible poll on TJ which will benefit new comers, hence participating in it.
Since I started active trading (in 2006), It took me first 1 yr (probably I am not a quick learner) to realise that patchy track record of few wins and more loss, or more small wins v/s few big and really big losses will not make me trader.

Then went into structured education, certification, mentoring and gradually my trading has taken the U turn in next 1 year. Fair bit of time has gone into knowing me and my trading personality/requirement. I had to address all dimension of trading (TA, system development, psychology, position sizing, business planning, trading software and platform, discipline etc), not just TA and Entry singals.

Currently running into 4th year of my trading, I am still learning and sharing my
knowledge /experience. I don’t think the this will ever stop.

I had been passive, buy and hold investor for long time (since harshad mehta's time.. infact I gave up a equity research job in Nov-1994 - one of my biggest missed opportunity which I could not see at that time after just 1 yr of industry experience)..But I don't count that as trading, cause back then I never knew what active trading is all about.

All the best and happy trading

simple_trader

I have been trading since 2004 and I made money in my first trade, which was with silverline technology. The day I bought, it went up by 10% and gave me thrill and I could make 500 rs out of it. After that ups and downs happened for a few years. I hit a golden period of 5-6 months, when I made huge money. I was doing almost all trades right. After that, I hit a period when I lost those money in a matter of one month as I was thinking I can never go wrong and money management hit me hard.

Trying to do well with proper money management currently. I learned a lesson that we could do analysis and get market right most of the time after having 5-6 years of exp., but if one does not follow money management, can take a knock. Market tends to change its mood over time and we also need to change our strategy, this transition is important in trading years. Still i am learning!!

Happy trading!

D

darkstar

I am die hard day trader. Traded in nse cash [A group company] also in niftyfut . In year 2010 i make consistent profit. My monthly profit is in double digit in % of my trading capital .so i gain confidence so i pour much more capital for trading. & also operate my friend & relative account . It is hard to believe but day trading is not even possible it is profitable business. Tons of confidence. Ounce of patience. Years of hard work . Turns in to profit nothing else than profit. but i also realize that my learning and gaining some more knowledge will never came to stop it is gradually growing process till my death.

Although,I started my active trading in 2006 my progress was very slow. Initially I made good profit and market take it all back in no time.Then,I realized that it is very tough job.I started learning the rope of trade. I am still poor in TA to gauge futuristic movement of market.
The more I am learning the more I feel I am lacking.
Sagar

rajeabc

Hi,

I started making money from 2008 sep. It tooks me 1 & half year to take U turn.

Happy Trading...

http://www.traderji.com/futures/42286-trading-nifty-future.html
I started trading(you can say betting , working on tips) , without Chart and Technical knowledge , in JUne 2009 and lost 50 K and then stop that and did only short term investment to recover my loss. Again started trading in May 2011 end &making profit and I feel now I can understand market move little bit. Credit goes to material on TRaderji and seniors.
Thanks

asnavale

I started trading(you can say betting , working on tips) , without Chart and Technical knowledge , in JUne 2009 and lost 50 K and then stop that and did only short term investment to recover my loss. Again started trading in May 2011 end &making profit and I feel now I can understand market move little bit. Credit goes to material on TRaderji and seniors.
Thanks
May 2011 ? ? ? ?

-Anant