How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

• Total voters
Just wanted to know how many Nifty points a trader gets per month, on one lot.

Some people might not review their performance on monthly basis so they can calculate their yearly performance and divide it by 12, for average monthly performance. You can also mention the performance of fellow traders and friends not on traderji in the comments section.

The purpose of this thread to to get a broad idea about monthly/yearly expectation from trading Nifty futures and options. Request people to participate in the poll. Thank you :)

Just wanted to know how many Nifty points a trader gets per month, on one lot.

Some people might not review their performance on monthly basis so they can calculate their yearly performance and divide it by 12, for average monthly performance. You can also mention the performance of fellow traders and friends not on traderji in the comments section.

The purpose of this thread to to get a broad idea about monthly/yearly expectation from trading Nifty futures and options. Request people to participate in the poll. Thank you :)
This is a nice poll you have started . I also prefer to measure performance on basis of points. I would ask other traderji members to put their views on the expectancy of profit which they seem is satisfactory. I personally feel that if I could grab Nifty points in the range of 300-400 points per month per lot basis then I would surely feel good about my performance.

kiran_thiru

i think minimum 200 points earn in a month is compulsory for live in trading. 300 to 400 points per a month is good for happy, as 15 points per a day. if any one achieve 500 or above he will be boss of nifty.

any way calculation of 25 days some profit days and some loss days average 20 points per day per lot was good to see.

but if we want to get it, we have more passion, more patience, more knowledge, more skill to take big profits, cut losses as small. all these turns us as nifty ka boss.

thank you.

augubhai

i think minimum 200 points earn in a month is compulsory for live in trading. 300 to 400 points per a month is good for happy, as 15 points per a day. if any one achieve 500 or above he will be boss of nifty.

any way calculation of 25 days some profit days and some loss days average 20 points per day per lot was good to see.

but if we want to get it, we have more passion, more patience, more knowledge, more skill to take big profits, cut losses as small. all these turns us as nifty ka boss.

thank you.
Taking Nifty price at 6000, 100 points = 1.67% return on Nifty. But margin required for Nifty futures is 8%. So, this works out to 1.67*(100/8) = 20.83% return on margin. :)

thank you.
I quite very much agree with you Kiran_Thiru . 200 Nifty points per lot as per logic seems to be the bare minimum for trading as living and on top of that if we as traders go on to add inflation @ 10% on a per annum basis then we will have to negotiate for more points going ahead of 200 points on per lot basis.

Happy Trading.

Thank you everyone for participating in the poll.

Although we don't have a large number of people who have participated as of today. Just to analyse the result, only 10.7% (3/28*100) of people are losing in trading. A recent analysis by Zerodha, in their trading challenge, found around 10 percent of traders were profitable. Glad to know in Traderji we have 90 percent winners! :D

Consistency matters more

Assuming 200 points gain in Nifty trading every month on a capital of Rs 100000, if we can continue to add 1 lot with every increase of 1 lakh rupees in capital, we can get the following performance. The table with the chart is attached below showing the performance of 48 months (4 years)

While this kind of calculation using excel has very less relevance. The objective of trading should always be to remain consistent and to limit the draw-down to minimum. It doesn't matter much if you get 100 or more than 600 points as long as the performance can remain consistent with multiple lots over a longer term.

Please continue to vote and share the link with your friends. Thank you.

Attachments