How many Indians really trade forex on live accounts?Share your experiences..

I am attaching a RBI guideline on FX. Read 3.1.a and Schedule 1 k) and one tends to think that FX trading by resident Indians is allowed by RBI but in a Capital Transaction Account. I understand from CTA means, an account like Current account, where the money doesnt get any interest from bank.

Combined with the Liberalised Scheeme of USD 200000 /year with this document, one can safely assume fx trade to be legal. Other opinions are welcome.

findvikas

I think this thread has become more of a questionnaire, while I really appreciate asking and clarifying questions but lets use other thread for that work.

Pipshower.. first of all thanks for your information that inspired me to Forex which I wanted to do since long back due to many reasons.

I started Forex 2 days back after evaluating Oanda/MT4 on demo account for almost a month and I think Ichimoku can be a very good system to keep you safe in your position.

I am a scalper, 30 min charts are very long for me whether it comes to equity or forex. Equities it was a problem due to less volatility in 30mins and very less margin.

I am trading with Oanda with a leverage of 50:1 and I keep my trade open for max 5mins and like to book profit in 10-15pips (at times even 5)

I started with $91.94 ( actually $95) but they eat my money as charges lol...

I got 1% loss & 5-6% profit target for the day while monthly targets are 40-50% profit.
So far I had two consecutive days with 10% profit each day. Here is how account looks like after 2 days.

ag_fx

I am a scalper, 30 min charts are very long for me whether it comes to equity or forex. Equities it was a problem due to less volatility in 30mins and very less margin.

I am trading with Oanda with a leverage of 50:1 and I keep my trade open for max 5mins and like to book profit in 10-15pips (at times even 5)

I got 1% loss & 5-6% profit target for the day while monthly targets are 40-50% profit.
So far I had two consecutive days with 10% profit each day. Here is how account looks like after 2 days.

1) The money that was charged to you was probably the paypal fee.
2) You said you keep a 1% SL and 5-6% profit target for the day. So, what is the kind of SL that you keep on one trade?What kind of R:R do you use for scalping?
With a 10-15 pip target,what kind of SL do you keep? I hope you do account your spread into consideration of the SL.

I think this thread has become more of a questionnaire, while I really appreciate asking and clarifying questions but lets use other thread for that work.

Pipshower.. first of all thanks for your information that inspired me to Forex which I wanted to do since long back due to many reasons.

I started Forex 2 days back after evaluating Oanda/MT4 on demo account for almost a month and I think Ichimoku can be a very good system to keep you safe in your position.

very well done Buddy!

Just Remember to stay cool and reduce your losses and increase profits so you can stay ahead of the game..
Whether u scalp or position trade doesnt matter , what matters is making money!:thumb:
and Ankit has already answered the question asked by you..Its paypal charges ...

vinodkiyer

Hi all,

I have account with Oanda and FXCM last two years. I used to trade until about january last year, I lost about 1600 usd + profits of about 800 usd totally from both my accounts together as I didnt have power backup, didnt put stops and power failed for 10 days due to natural calamity where i reside. Totally my mistake for the loss.

Now i have 20 usd in oanda and 49.65 Euros in FXCM. I still keep both my accounts open and just because i do not feel to go to the bank for replenishing my account. so i started again with stocks.

last one month I started trading again whenever i am at my terminal ( and close positions when I am not) with oanda as I feel i am more wiser than earlier and in oanda u can trade even with 20 usd.

I use 70 mins and 1030 mins crosses of ema with additional CCI(14) and 50 indicators on 5 minutes chart and have been successful until now.

this is just for info for newbies

bandlab2

Hi all,

I have account with Oanda and FXCM last two years. I used to trade until about january last year, I lost about 1600 usd + profits of about 800 usd totally from both my accounts together as I didnt have power backup, didnt put stops and power failed for 10 days due to natural calamity where i reside. Totally my mistake for the loss.

Now i have 20 usd in oanda and 49.65 Euros in FXCM. I still keep both my accounts open and just because i do not feel to go to the bank for replenishing my account. so i started again with stocks.

last one month I started trading again whenever i am at my terminal ( and close positions when I am not) with oanda as I feel i am more wiser than earlier and in oanda u can trade even with 20 usd.

I use 70 mins and 1030 mins crosses of ema with additional CCI(14) and 50 indicators on 5 minutes chart and have been successful until now.

this is just for info for newbies
hi vinod,

CCI14 is on 5min? you mentioned 50 indicators, can you elaborate ? ho can get 50 guys to agree an still get a trade. may be i am missing something

sorry about yr power failure issue

hi, I have practiced Elliot Wave analysis for the last 20 years but never traded in forex. Recently I opend practice accounts and and doubled it in a very short time. What I found is that the currency market adheres to the charts more accurately coz it is a huge market and it is not possible for any individual to manipulate it. Which to a certain extent is possible in the stock market.
Naturally, I got interested i opening a real account. But there is a stumbling block. The R.B.I. guidelines clearly forbids foreign exchange remittance for margin calls. In Other words fprex trading becomes illeagal in india. coz when u get ur profit remitted and u fill in ur tax papers what will u show as ur source of income?
So can u plz guide me how to proceed and then how to make and receive remittances. u may use my mail [email protected]

.Pride.

hi vinod,

CCI14 is on 5min? you mentioned 50 indicators, can you elaborate ? ho can get 50 guys to agree an still get a trade. may be i am missing something

sorry about yr power failure issue
maybe he meant ema crossover + CCI(14) and CCI(50)

anyway, with ema trend following systems, entries are easy...its the exits that determine ur profitability...

hi, I have practiced Elliot Wave analysis for the last 20 years but never traded in forex. Recently I opend practice accounts and and doubled it in a very short time. What I found is that the currency market adheres to the charts more accurately coz it is a huge market and it is not possible for any individual to manipulate it. Which to a certain extent is possible in the stock market.
Naturally, I got interested i opening a real account. But there is a stumbling block. The R.B.I. guidelines clearly forbids foreign exchange remittance for margin calls. In Other words fprex trading becomes illeagal in india. coz when u get ur profit remitted and u fill in ur tax papers what will u show as ur source of income?
So can u plz guide me how to proceed and then how to make and receive remittances. u may use my mail [email protected]

Show them as Short Term Capital Gains.

To remit money, use Debit Card for withdrawal (FXCM UK) or Paypal (Oanda)