How leverage works?

HEllo everyone,

It appear that it's very dangerous to abuse leverage, but how to really master it? how to understand it and how to calculate it? if someone can help thanks.

Pradeep Narayan

The most simplest way to understand it is to view all trades in terms of actual contract value and not in terms of margin. When you put in an order worth 10 Lakhs, it is just that - a 10L order. And if you make 10000 out of that, your gain is 1%.

Leverage is given by the broker. For example, when using a leverage of 1: 1000 and a deposit of $ 100, you can open deals for $ 100,000.

Leverage is a fundamental analysis used by traders to earn more profit out of some capital investment. It can occur loss also if not done with proper knowledge of it.

Ineas

I prefer to choose a large leverage that gives me the opportunity not to invest large amounts from my own pocket.

Leverage allows a trader to make transactions with a cost much higher than his equity in the account. The first thing to know when trading with leverage is that the leverage is different and its size depends not on the desire of the broker, but on each particular financial instrument and its liquidity. If you work with several assets, please note that the conditions may be different.
You can trade with leverage on any strategy. It is better to use automated trading systems to calculate the leverage for each paper and each asset - the same popular QUIK will do.