How frequently are you facing chart problems with your broker?

bashasm

I am facing chart updating problems with Zerodha Kite and Trade tiger. Need to refresh the chart frequently some days.
Yesterday in Kite, GBPINR did not update while actually it was going up. I was short. Even the positions page did not reflect it.

Are you also facing similar issues with your broker. Please mention who is your broker. This is to know which broker is most reliable in charts.
Yes, every one who is using Zerodha faces the problems, some how not everyone talks in public.
I did extensive research, as of now it seems, for Charting Sharekhan Trade triger is best. For placing orders use NEST of the discount broker you are comfortable.
As of now I have Zerodha and Upstox. I am planning to close these account and open accounts in ShareKhan and Fyers
I guess you have to try different brokers and see what works

Last edited:
Zerodha is facing lot of trouble during market hours. Pi is crashing if you start the chart. Kite3 is also not reliable for charts. For option traders Zerodha is dangerous you buy but you won't be able to sell. I use zerodha charts only after market hours. I use fyers chart and fyersonex which is good with many useful tools. But FyersoneX charting futures still should be improved with many useful indicators, if they provide market profile it will be highly useful.

NJ78

2. Software cost is a minimum of 30,000 to be modest (Standard rates are much higher than that).
3. Data cost is a minimum of 15,000 to be modest (Standard rates are much higher than that considering the scrips, type of feed etc).
Software cost for me is zero (I use MT4). Data feed costs a couple hundred bucks a month which is a minor cost. Ever since I stopped relying on broker charts for my technical studies & started using low-cost 3rd party tools, the "quality" of my technical studies has improved. I can see what the market is trying to tell me, which wasn't the case before.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Zerodha is facing lot of trouble during market hours. Pi is crashing if you start the chart. Kite3 is also not reliable for charts. For option traders Zerodha is dangerous you buy but you won't be able to sell. I use zerodha charts only after market hours. I use fyers chart and fyersonex which is good with many useful tools. But FyersoneX charting futures still should be improved with many useful indicators, if they provide market profile it will be highly useful.
Thank you for the feedback. We will try and incorporate as many features as possible with the passage of time.

Yes, every one who is using Zerodha faces the problems, some how not everyone talks in public.
I did extensive research, as of now it seems, for Charting Sharekhan Trade triger is best. For placing orders use NEST of the discount broker you are comfortable.
As of now I have Zerodha and Upstox. I am planning to close these account and open accounts in ShareKhan and Fyers
I guess you have to try different brokers and see what works
Hi! We'll be happy to help. Kindly share your contact number and location so that we can connect with you.

bashasm

Hi! We'll be happy to help. Kindly share your contact number and location so that we can connect with you.
Sent a message to your inbox

newtrader101

Software cost for me is zero (I use MT4). Data feed costs a couple hundred bucks a month which is a minor cost. Ever since I stopped relying on broker charts for my technical studies & started using low-cost 3rd party tools, the "quality" of my technical studies has improved. I can see what the market is trying to tell me, which wasn't the case before.
Thank you so much (for revealing this).

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I don't know if you use a cracked version or a limited version but softwares do cost money unless they are tied up with brokers/exchange or some service provider. The quality of data feed is a big question mark in India. The trend for many years has been that people buy data from a data vendor paying a subscription fee and re-sell the data at a lower cost and it is further re-sold to others. You must be wary of such data as it might not be curated, may contain patches and not be corporate action adjusted. Just saying.. you are free to do what you want of course.

NJ78

I don't know if you use a cracked version or a limited version but softwares do cost money unless they are tied up with brokers/exchange or some service provider. The quality of data feed is a big question mark in India. The trend for many years has been that people buy data from a data vendor paying a subscription fee and re-sell the data at a lower cost and it is further re-sold to others. You must be wary of such data as it might not be curated, may contain patches and not be corporate action adjusted. Just saying.. you are free to do what you want of course.
MT4 or Metatrader 4 has always been free legally worldwide. Once we open a demo account with forex brokers, we also get the data feed for forex & commodities which is what I trade. So far, the data quality has been better than what I get at my broker. Perhaps you should educate yourself about the world of MT4 trading. A lot many traders here use MT4 as a steady, reliable backup. MT5 was recently supported by BSE.

See: http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/metatrader-5-on-bse-has-anyone-heard-about-it.106176/

Last edited: