How does delivery trade get settled off after T+2 days?

kingsmasher1

Hi,

Can someone help me to understand this?

Suppose i buy a share of ABC company on Tuesday when the price was Rs100. I decide to sell it on Wednesday at 11am (market price) when the price reached Rs.145. However since it gets settled on T+2 days, which happens to be on Friday, the price fell back to Rs95/- on 11am Friday, and further fell to Rs.80 by Friday day end.

So, which price gets considered as the final sell market price? Is it when i clicked the "sell" button on Wednesday 11am when the market was Rs.145/- or is it on Friday (T+2)th day? If that is on Friday, will it consider Friday market closing time as the final market price? (which is Rs 80)

Kindly help.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hi,

Can someone help me to understand this?

Suppose i buy a share of ABC company on Tuesday when the price was Rs100. I decide to sell it on Wednesday at 11am (market price) when the price reached Rs.145. However since it gets settled on T+2 days, which happens to be on Friday, the price fell back to Rs95/- on 11am Friday, and further fell to Rs.80 by Friday day end.

So, which price gets considered as the final sell market price? Is it when i clicked the "sell" button on Wednesday 11am when the market was Rs.145/- or is it on Friday (T+2)th day? If that is on Friday, will it consider Friday market closing time as the final market price? (which is Rs 80)

Kindly help.
you can not sell it untill it comes in your demat T+2 days , so if you buy on tuesday , you can sell it on friday from your holdings

kingsmasher1

you can not sell it untill it comes in your demat T+2 days , so if you buy on tuesday , you can sell it on friday from your holdings
Thanks for the response.
I recollect when used to trade in Angel broking, the shares which got converted from margin to delivery, used to show in account same day, after closing time (around 8pm or late).

Either way, so if it comes to my account on Friday (T+2), and i decide to sell it immediately say Friday10am, at market price, does it get sold instantly at that price or does it take another T+2 day, and whatever the price from the moment i sold to next T+2, gets considered?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Thanks for the response.
I recollect when used to trade in Angel broking, the shares which got converted from margin to delivery, used to show in account same day, after closing time (around 8pm or late).

Either way, so if it comes to my account on Friday (T+2), and i decide to sell it immediately say Friday10am, at market price, does it get sold instantly at that price or does it take another T+2 day, and whatever the price from the moment i sold to next T+2, gets considered?
the price at which you sell at friday 10am will be the sell price and your shares will get sold immediately.